serrin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
So this came up in the game of quarriors I just played and we couldn't come up with a solution. Being a two player game we couldn't turn to an impartial third player either. In the end, it didn't affect the result of the game much but was quite annoying as it wasn't resolved. Anyway the scenario was thus:
1) I drew both a Lesser Demonic Overlord (aka LDO) (image here: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1153774/quarriors-rise-of-the...) and my one and only corrupted quiddity die. I was also behind on glory points.
2) I rolled both a level 2 LDO and a 0 symbol on the corrupted quiddity die.
My plan was to then:
3) "spend" (or just discard) the corrupted quiddity die (along with 2 points worth of quiddity dice) into my used pile when summoning the LDO and then give the corrupted quiddity die to my friend.
My friend's interpretation of the new expansion rules is that the 0 symbol is not quiddity, it can not be spent and must sit in your active pool until the end of your turn when it then gets put into the used pile and thus would not be available to be given by LDO's power.

Now there are no other corrupted quiddity dice in my used area (or in my bag, it was my one and only corrupted quiddity dice. My interpretation is that since they printed as a quiddity symbol, you could spend it like any other quiddity source and discard it after use. It would also be a candidate for LDO's 'when summoned' ability.

So since Wizkids don't have any errata, I'm going to crowd source an answer. If someone from Wizkids would provide an answer, that would be great too!

Thanks for reading my mad ravings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the NEW rules spent dice are not placed in the Used pile, but in the "Spent" pile, which isn't added to the Used pile until the very end of your turn.

So the Lesser Demonic Overlord cannot give away any dice rolled this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
serrin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
Doh!
Thanks, that solves that question. Should have read the new rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.