6 Posts

Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Allies gimped in Revised Core Set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Y
Australia
flag msg tools
Is it just me, or do the Allies in the Revised Core Set get screwed over if they can't get the first strike in up close?

They practically have to line themselves up perfectly to get within range, whereas the Axis can afford to use their superior range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just you. Terrain, scenario, intiative, decisions and luck all play there part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew loses (again)
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Allies are little bit tricky to play, because they have to make use of their movement skills, and prioritise targets critically.

The revised core set came with a unit of the Hammers and Rhino, and I can personally vouch that no army that features those units can be weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Phipps
msg tools
They are harder to play with but not weak. I think their mech is much stronger, the axis one is too unreliable as you only get one dice.

My friends aren't very good / get kinda unlucky though and I have won every game using both armies so I might not have the most balanced view xD
Although they definitely do better when they are using the axis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing Allies... but no matter what you all keep saying Jump does not stack up to Resilience...

I am hoping they allow jump to be more versatile in the Warfare version due out in Spring!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jump is just a complement to Move 2, that is the real kicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.