Hide
1 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 1st (well, 2nd) game - Cylon victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Sender
msg tools
Well, this was our first game that we finished, out of 2 games (we had to quit mid-game due to time constraints on first game ) This is actually a pretty short session report; We were playing a 3-player game where we had the luck of not getting a Cylon into the game until the sleeper phase... We also had to rush near the end of the game to get the game to an end before we (again) hit the time constraints...

I was Tom Zarek in this game. Admiral was William Adama and our pilot was Starbuck.

Loyalty cards were dealt in sleeper phase, and then... nothing. No one behaved suspiciously or sabotaged anything. It was like a coop game for 80% of the game. We got into distance 8, and were one jump away from winning. The whole time I suspected our admiral of being a cylon, because usually in games I suspect him to put a bit of bluff and foul play and he seemed to not focus on the actions everyone else did. Well, what do you know, our pilot realizes to recheck his loyalty cards... He realizes that HE WAS dealt the "You are a Cylon" -card, and reveals himself. Our admiral was put into the brig like a turn before he revealed, (due to a failed crisis) and our revealed cylon played a nice crisis and put me into the brig TOO. We were unable to get out of the brig and well, he made us run out of population by destroying enough civvies with cylon ships. (If I would've gotten out of the brig I would have used FTL control to make the last jump - it was a lost scenario in terms of fighting back since we only had a few vipers and not enough people to activate or use them.)

GG still. I really really LIKE THIS game, though it was a bit anemic with only 3 players... needs 4 or more players to really evoke the paranoia and chaos. Our first game that we couldn't finish was with 6 players. 2 of whom are not that much into more "hardcore" board games but still liked the game a lot due to the cooperative/traitor and social aspects.

If you ntoice any rule breaks we made, please, do tell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.