Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: One More Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hatton
msg tools
First off, thanks for all the help with my previous post!

If an investigator enters a location that has a gate and a monster (or monsters) does he/she have to evade or fight them before going through the gate? I was playing that they were immediately pulled through gate, is that wrong?

I am playing a game now where the first two gates open on the same spot, causing a monster surge and there are now four monsters (one in the sky) on that location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flemming Jensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules say:

Likewise, if an investigator ends his movement in a location or street area occupied by one or more monsters, he must fight or evade each such monster.

This means you were wrong and that you have to fight the monsters before going through the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Alaric1805 wrote:
First off, thanks for all the help with my previous post!

If an investigator enters a location that has a gate and a monster (or monsters) does he/she have to evade or fight them before going through the gate? I was playing that they were immediately pulled through gate, is that wrong?

I am playing a game now where the first two gates open on the same spot, causing a monster surge and there are now four monsters (one in the sky) on that location.

You do not get pulled through the gate until the Arkham Encounters phase. Monster fights happen during Movement phase. If you move into a space containing a monster and a gate, then during movement you have to deal with the monster so that you can still be around for the encounter phase to get pulled through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.