Michael R.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to start a board gaming group for those of us who live in the central belt and are unable to attend the other gaming groups that currently exist in Edinburgh or Glasgow (just too far and inconvenient for me to make those ones).

I can host weekly game nights at my house (can fit up to 6 - 8 people, probably) and have lots of games available. I'm interested in all types of board games but am not interested in things like Warhammer.

If you're interested in starting something please let me know, either here and/or by geekmail. Both couples and those on their own are welcome. I see the group as being family friendly and open to all who are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Stirling
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

my girlfriend and I are moving down to Braco and work out of Doune, so would be interested in a gaming down your way

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Falkirk and have interest from another gamer in Falkirk, so perhaps we could set something up if it's not too far for you to travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Falkirk is a bit out of my way - what day of the week were you considering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Falkirk is a bit out of my way - what day of the week were you considering?

No set day. Just something that would suit everyone and could be changeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep an eye on this thread, but I think it's a bit out of my way. I'm probably closer to Glasgow in terms of time (but Falkirk has a better aquarium shop... or used to have).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, but hopefully others who're nearer you might get in touch and you can sort something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Beveridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm the other Falkirk gamer Michael mentioned and I would definitely be interested. May be able to get a couple of other gamers in on it as well.

Lets see if we can get this rolling and get a group up and going...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, hopefully you'll get something under way, I'll certainly keep an eye on the thread and will hopefully venture up from Motherwell.

You'll all be welcome at Lanarkshire Gamers meets in Hamilton as well, I've just posted about the next one on Sat 18th February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in Stirling and live in Dunbartonshire so I'm ideal for any meets/groups between both points. My job can be quite demanding through the week though and I often need to work overtime on a very late notice basis. As such, a Friday would suit me best but of course, this is completely your choice since it's your home.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Stirling
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in a similar boat so Friday evenings would good for us

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rodger
Scotland
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be looking for a set/constant group - I'm not sure if I'd be able to make a weekly group unfortunately but would perhaps be able to make a two-weekly or monthly group?
I both live and work in the Stirling area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin smith
msg tools
I have started a facebook page for board games in falkirk(search falkirk board games) I usually have a board game going on a tuesday from 6 at megazone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I now work in Falkirk and will try to get along some night, can you give an idea of what has been played recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for a great night, got to play Catanfor the first time in ages.

There were 5 of us there tonight with 7 Wonders lined up for next week.

Pleased, and a little surprised, to see a small selection of Board Games for sale at Megazone as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn Hill
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Falkirk and travel to Bathgate on a Monday night for a board game group there, but something closer would be nice too. I'll see if I can find you on Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dawn, as far as I know the Tuesday Night group at Megazone is still going, I haven't been in ages due to work pressures. Falkirk Games Club meets on Thursdays but seems to focus on miniatures gaming. There's also organised play at Common Ground in Stirling.

If you fancy a trip to Motherwell the next Lanarkshire Gamers session is Saturday 18th July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin O'Brien
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn, I also live in Falkirk and would be happy to try and get something organised close to home. Further to Michael's post, I'll be going to Lanarkshire Gamers in Motherwell, on 18th July and you would be welcome to go through with me if it suited. Having been attending for the past 18 months, I'd highly recommend Lanarkshire Gamers as they are a good bunch of people.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn Hill
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at the Lanarkshire group, and have thought about going along but Saturdays aren't really good for me. Many thanks for the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Adamski
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Why not go to Common Ground Games in Stirling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn Hill
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigredstandingby wrote:
Why not go to Common Ground Games in Stirling?

I didn't know about them, but having looked, I'll be giving them a visit soon. Thanks for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.