Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a game being launched on kickstarter that reminds me a lot of hive but supporting more players (if they reach 25k). For those who like Hive, you'll probably also like For the Win. There are about 10 days or so left in the campaign.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/for-the-wi...

I thought I'd post this here in the Hive game forum because if you like one you might like the other. You can print and play For the Win to try it out too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Kickstarter family forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Posting in a game's forum about a similar game that may be of interest to fans is inappropriate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
Posting in a game's forum about a similar game that may be of interest to fans is inappropriate?

Posting unsolicited information about a game (that needs funding, no less) is much different than someone posting a question for recommendations for a similar game. In the former, it equates to advertising. I'm glad it was moved to the proper forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Just a fan trying to spread the word (potentially in a place where it wasn't yet seen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Desiderata wrote:
pastabatman wrote:

Posting unsolicited information about a game (that needs funding, no less) is much different than someone posting a question for recommendations for a similar game. In the former, it equates to advertising. I'm glad it was moved to the proper forum.

Just about every new thread on every forum on this site is 'unsolicited information'. Giving a heads-up to fellow Hive-fans about a similar game is definitely not advertising. I, for one, appreciated the post. I am not interested in most Kickstarter projects, but I am interested in games similar to Hive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
pastabatman wrote:

Just about every new thread on every forum on this site is 'unsolicited information'. Giving a heads-up to fellow Hive-fans about a similar game is definitely not advertising. I, for one, appreciated the post. I am not interested in most Kickstarter projects, but I am interested in games similar to Hive.

Then go browse Kickstarter. I don't want BGG diluted with such spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Desiderata wrote:

Then go browse Kickstarter. I don't BGG diluted with such spam.

One man's spam is another man's caviar. Lighten up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Then go browse Kickstarter. I don't BGG diluted with such spam.

Everybody is cool here. The decision to move the content was appropriate. It was a fan with good intentions trying to support a game and share a resource with other fans.

Everyone's turf has been defended, the system worked, no harm done.

This site is full of good intentions and depends on them for its existence. I am reminded of a fantastic prose poem by Max Ehrmann:

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."- from the Desiderata

It's actually a very good read and you can check it out in full here:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~gongsu/desiderata_textonly.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it truly was good intentions, then my apologies. However, I have very little tolerance (as you can see) for this kind of stuff.

Chris, well played. Thanks for the reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
If it truly was good intentions, then my apologies. However, I have very little tolerance (as you can see) for this kind of stuff.

Chris, well played. Thanks for the reminder.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions were good." I knew going into it though that it could have been "misunderstood."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, ok. The policy is for kickstarter stuff to go in the kickstarter family forum. But discussing that topic anymore in *this* thread would be off-topic to this thread. So if you want to discuss that particular issue, please create a new thread (in the Kickstarter family forum). If you want to talk about For the win, please continue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.