CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend tells of legendary Customer Service Department whose customer service was the stuff of legend!

Sure -- most publishers do a very good job of customer service, but does anybody do it better than FFG? Just look at these guys -- they were born to serve!

FFG Customer Service Team, for going above and beyond this week, I humbly bestow upon thee the coveted Gold Star:

But like a Republican presidential primary, the truth is not one man believes, but rather, what the polls tell us. So, I give you a poll!

Ooopss -- wrong poll. Here you go:

Hmmmm....still not right. Let try one more time!

Poll
Is the customer service at Fantasy Flight Games [1] The Best or [2] The Best Evarrrrr!
The Best
The Best Evarrrrr!
      26 answers
Poll created by rsolow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Scott's da man.

Do you mean SEVP-MoHD (Senior Executive Vice President and Master of His Domain) Clifton? If so, sir, I implore you to show proper respect and address SEVP-MoHD Clifton by his full title and surname.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Given the recent waves of "boy FFG customer support aint what it used to be", this thread seems odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
apotheos wrote:
Given the recent waves of "boy FFG customer support aint what it used to be", this thread seems odd.

Especially given no context or story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:

OK -- here is the back story.

Last week a very important customer of ours was driving down from Winnipeg to Atlanta to pick up some games (he comes down every January to pick up about $5000 worth of games). Half way between Thief River Falls and Minneapolis, he gets stuck in ditch when he slid off the the road in blizzard. After 8 hours in the ditch during whiteout conditions, he calls me asking for help because his pregnant wife is going into labor and 911 is no help to him (he and his wife speak only Welsh which, as luck would have its is one of the 5 languages in which I am fluent). I tried to reach the Minnesota State Police, but cannot get through to them (apparently they were swamped with calls because of the storm). Not knowing what else to do, I called Fantasy Flight Games. SEVP-MoHD Clifton dispensed two of his minions to go rescue my customer (all FFG customer service reps have snowmobile licenses and are cross-trained as EMTs and Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers). When the two FFG staff members did not return the next morning, EVP-MoHD Clifton took it upon himself to lead a rescue party to find the missing FFG staffers as well as my stranded customer.

Using the latest GPS tracking equipment (FFG is very cutting edge) SEVP-MoHD Clifton found by customer's stranded vehicle which had been hit by a snowplow during the night. SEVP-MoHD Clifton used the jaws of life to free my customer and his pregnant wife from their vehicle just as the first baby was crowning. SEVP-MoHD Clifton delivered the babies (twin girls) and mother, daughters, and father are now all doing well. Sadly, however, the two FFG staff members who initially attempted the rescue died in the storm -- Rest in Peace, Carl....Rest in Peace, Jaffer.

So now can we all agree that the FFG customer service team is the best evarrrrrr!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple email request about how to go about replacing our skill check cards for BSG (which get used oh so much) resulted in a brand new deck being sent to me for free. Frakkin' amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I think driving your pregnant wife cross country to pick up some board games is a pretty dick move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I think driving your pregnant wife cross country to pick up some board games is a pretty dick move.
I think the dick move is responsible for her being pregnant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I really asked for that, didn't I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

Last week a very important customer of ours was driving down from Winnipeg to Atlanta to pick up some games (he comes down every January to pick up about $5000 worth of games). Half way between Thief River Falls and Minneapolis, he gets stuck in ditch when he slid off the the road in blizzard. After 8 hours in the ditch during whiteout conditions, he calls me asking for help because his pregnant wife is going into labor and 911 is no help to him (he and his wife speak only Welsh which, as luck would have its is one of the 5 languages in which I am fluent). I tried to reach the Minnesota State Police, but cannot get through to them (apparently they were swamped with calls because of the storm). Not knowing what else to do, I called Fantasy Flight Games. SEVP-MoHD Clifton dispensed two of his minions to go rescue my customer (all FFG customer service reps have snowmobile licenses and are cross-trained as EMTs and Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers). When the two FFG staff members did not return the next morning, EVP-MoHD Clifton took it upon himself to lead a rescue party to find the missing FFG staffers as well as my stranded customer.

Using the latest GPS tracking equipment (FFG is very cutting edge) SEVP-MoHD Clifton found by customer's stranded vehicle which had been hit by a snowplow during the night. SEVP-MoHD Clifton used the jaws of life to free my customer and his pregnant wife from their vehicle just as the first baby was crowning. SEVP-MoHD Clifton delivered the babies (twin girls) and mother, daughters, and father are now all doing well. Sadly, however, the two FFG staff members who initially attempted the rescue died in the storm -- Rest in Peace, Carl....Rest in Peace, Jaffer.

So now can we all agree that the FFG customer service team is the best evarrrrrr!

That's a great story, and I'm happy they helped out in a terrible situation for that person. But I honestly don't think that has much to do with what kind of customer service they provide. I believe that the FFG customer service team is filled with very good people. But when it comes to 'real' customer service issues, I have different thoughts:

What really counts in customer service is how quickly they respond to the little issues that happen all the time. For example, I sent FFG an email via their online form last week about some missing tiles in my recently-acquired copy of Gears of War.

I have yet to hear back from any of their customer service employees. I find this kind of customer service neither "Best" nor "Best Evarrr". I didn't vote on your poll. I would have if you would have offered a third option saying "Neither", or "I've had a different experience with FFG customer service."

I came to the BGG page to write a thread about my not-so-wonderful experience and noticed there were several other threads from people who have had similar experiences to mine. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was some kind of joke. Sorry that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

FFG customer service, if you're reading this. Please, will you respond to my email? I just want to be able to play beyond the first scenario of my game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they now learn to design games maybe we will see an acceptable company in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
rsolow wrote:
[M]ost publishers do a very good job of customer service, but does anybody do it better than FFG? Just look at these guys -- they were born to serve!

Somebody stuck in an alternate universe where GMT doesn't exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
rsolow wrote:
[M]ost publishers do a very good job of customer service, but does anybody do it better than FFG? Just look at these guys -- they were born to serve!

Somebody stuck in an alternate universe where GMT doesn't exist?

Hmmmm....fair point. GMT does have EXCELLENT SERVICE. But, is there customer service staff as delicious as those boys?

Poll
In the arms of which hunky FFG staff member would you most want to spend a quiet evening alone playing games?
Scott (left)
Richard (center)
Bryan (right)
All of the above -- choosing only one is just wrong!
      62 answers
Poll created by rsolow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
I didn't vote on your poll. I would have if you would have offered a third option....

You are absolutely correct -- a 3rd option should have been included in the poll.:

BGG Customer Service -- its SERVGASMIC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
rsolow wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

That's a great story, and I'm happy they helped out in a terrible situation for that person. But I honestly don't think that has much to do with what kind of customer service they provide. I believe that the FFG customer service team is filled with very good people. But when it comes to 'real' customer service issues, I have different thoughts:

What really counts in customer service is how quickly they respond to the little issues that happen all the time. For example, I sent FFG an email via their online form last week about some missing tiles in my recently-acquired copy of Gears of War.

I have yet to hear back from any of their customer service employees. I find this kind of customer service neither "Best" nor "Best Evarrr". I didn't vote on your poll. I would have if you would have offered a third option saying "Neither", or "I've had a different experience with FFG customer service."

I came to the BGG page to write a thread about my not-so-wonderful experience and noticed there were several other threads from people who have had similar experiences to mine. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was some kind of joke. Sorry that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

FFG customer service, if you're reading this. Please, will you respond to my email? I just want to be able to play beyond the first scenario of my game.

Thanks!

Okay, so it's update time now that it has been nearly a month since my last post here.

On the day I made my previous complaint, I got an email from Fantasy Flight. Here's what it said:

FFG Customer Service wrote:
Shane,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We sadly are undergoing structural change here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

We would be more then happy to help you with your request and send you some replacement parts on us. Please be aware that we have a big backlog of requests to fulfill and we’ll add you to the queue. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team

Since this email, I've heard nothing from anybody at FFG. Further, they didn't even bother to ask for my shipping address. I still can't play beyond the first scenario of my game. It's a shame too, I really like the game and would love to explore it further. So far, FFG customer service is holding me back from that.

I don't care what the reasons are, all I know is from my experience as a paying customer, I am not happy with Fantasy Flight's customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE

I received this email yesterday:

Quote:
Shane,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We are receiving a higher volume of emails then normally here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

We are sorry, but we never received your shipping address in the first email and I did not ask for it in my follow up. As a result, we have just processed your request now (with the provided shipping address). As a result of this oversight we have included an extra set dice (just in case you ever need more), and a copy of our game Mansion of Madness.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and support. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team

Thanks FFG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
What ever drugs Rsolow's on...I need to start taking them...

And the bull shit story he made up definitely qualifies for a:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.