These are the first two of six scenarios of a campaign I created.
I would like your feedback, suggestions and comment in general.
Lorien4, Greece- Hellas
IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOUNTAIN: A MINI CAMPAIGN COMBINING RAVENLOFT-ASHARDALON- DRIZZT
Introduction. This is a 6 scenario mini campaign for Ravenloft- Ashardalon- Drizzt.
Rules. All rules apply normally, but there are some modifications:
1. Components.When the scenario instructs you to use Ashardalon components, that means that you have to use components (tiles, monsters, tokens, treasure and encounter cards etc) from Ashardalon exclusively. The same goes for CR and Drizzt.
2. Treasures.When you defeat a monster that has 1 XP, you don’t draw a Treasure Card (Blessing, Fortune or Item), but a treasure token from Ashardalon.
3. Between scenarios. Between scenarios the heroes draw the top 3 treasure cards which can be bought. At the end of the document you can find the prices for Ravenloft Items.
4. Hero selection. You use 3 heroes. You must choose one hero from each game.
5. Starting awards. Each Hero draws an item. The group has 2 Healing surges.
6. Victory-Defeat. The Heroes win when they win all the scenarios. If they loose one scenario, the can play the next (starting with 2 surges again), but, if they loose for a second time, they loose the campaign.
Special components: Start tile, Broken Door tile, Surface Hollow tile, cavern edge tiles.
Set up: Put the Broken Door Tile aside. Shuffle the rest tiles. Take the top 3 tiles and shuffle the Broken door Tile into them. Then, put these 4 tiles after the 8th tile (Thus, the Broken Door tile will appear between the 9th and the 12th tile).
Special Adventure rules
Collapsing ceiling. When a hero places a tile with a white triangle, he or she must place a cavern edge tile to any unexplored edge. When you place the cavern edge tile on a tile all heroes on that tile take one damage.
Broken Door. When you reveal the Broken Door, place the Surface Hollow tile to any unexplored edge of the Broken Door tile. Place one monster on the Broken Door tile and two monsters on the Surface Hollow tile.
Victory: The Heroes win, if they all leave the dungeon.
Defeat: The Heroes loose, if at the start of a hero’s turn there are no surges. The Heroes also loose, if they are blocked by the cavern edge tiles and cannot reach the exit.
When you start the adventure read: «Your group has arrived in Salua, a town under the shadow of the Olympus, the High Mountain. The inhabitants beg you to investigate the recent disappearances of people. You accept and start your quest from the nearby caves…».
When you win, read: «You managed to escape from the caves. What new dangers will the next quest bring to you?».
Special components: Start tile, Arcane Circle tile.
Set up: Put the Arcane Circle tile aside. Shuffle the rest tiles. Take the top 3 tiles and shuffle the Arcane Circle tile into them. Then, put these 4 tiles after the 10th tile (Thus, the Broken Door tile will appear between the 11th and the 14th tile.
Special Adventure rules
Arcane Circle. When you reveal the Arcane Circle, place a monster on it. This is a Polymorph Monster and can be metamorphosed to any other monster . When you defeat it, draw the top card from the Monster deck. If the new monster is the same as the defeated one or the same as another monster in play, you have defeated the Polymorph Monster. If the new monster is different from the defeated one and also different from every other monster in play, place the new monster on the square where the previous monster was defeated.
Victory: The Heroes win, when they defeat the Polymorph Monster.
Defeat: The Heroes loose, if at the start of a hero’s turn there are no surges.
When you start the adventure read: «You find yourself in a complex of ruins you never expected to meet underground. All around there is a strange arcane aura. You don’t like this. In fact, you don’t like it at all… ».
When you win read: «Still surprised that you have defeated this strange foe, you gather your strength and courage for the next quest…».
Re: In the Shadow of the Mountain: Α mini campaign combining Ravenloft- - Ashardalon-Drizzt. Correction
Oops! A correction: In scenario 2 Polymorph Monster, the Polymorph Monster acts like a Villain and activates during each player's Villain Phase.