Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing this on Yucata, and it is exactly what I want Puerto Rico to be. It's a lot of fun and I may consider making it my next purchase...

But...

What the heck is with these mechanics?

d10-1A bunch of smugglers are driving around Santiago, in the same car? And when one stops the car, he tells the others to hang tight while he hits someone up for some sugar and go process it.

d10-2You're hiring people to steal from each other, or buying businesses hoping that your buddy will use it. I do like that the thief is named El Zorro.

d10-3What in the world is the victory points?

d10-4Why does one guy pay you three dollars? What service are providing that gentleman?

d10-5I do not know what these victory points are, but Maria... she gives you two. There is also a building that gives you one. I assume this is a comment on the oldest profession

d10-6I actually do love that there is a guy who sells you stuff out of his trunk. That's awesome.

So yeah, this game feels a little silly, themewise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*cough*..euro..*cough*

Btw, I also played it on yucata, loved it, bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:
*cough*..euro..*cough*

Btw, I also played it on yucata, loved it, bought it.
Yeah, it's a eurogame. Shouldn't be surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But it is surprisingly thematic in some ways, and as silly as it is... I like the idea that you're all sharing a car. It's sort of funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuintMorrison wrote:
But it is surprisingly thematic in some ways, and as silly as it is... I like the idea that you're all sharing a car. It's sort of funny.

It's reality there. For those of you who haven't (or can't - I'm lookin' at you, Americans) visited to Cuba, there are not alot of cars available. All the new cars go to government workers, and the few privately owned cars (ie, they were bought prior to the revolution) that are still in existance and passed down from generation to generation are in poor shape, but are usually pressed into service as private taxis. I understand that the majority of newer cars are designated as taxis or are used in some other form of tourism (locals wouldn't be able to afford using a taxi). When I was there, we zipped around Havana in a 70's-era Lada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.