Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Power Grid» Forums » Rules

Subject: question for PHASE 3 : for 2 players : building 2 house in one city is allowed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Blok
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there,
I have question for STEP 3 for 2 players rules, i tried to find it on FAQ, but i can't find it. Here is my qs:

a) STEP 3 rule
Is it possible if i connect to the "A" city and then build a house (cost 20) on the "A" city which occupied by 2 house before (one of the house is mine) ? and then "A" city will have 2 house of mine and 1 house of another player.

b) STEP 3 rule
If i want to build a house on the "B" city which occupied only by ONE house before, should i pay 15 or 20 ?

IMO,in STEP 3: if someone build for the third building (cost 20) in each city, there will always be 2 same house owned by one player and 1 house by another player.

thx you for response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
a) This should be a no. Each player is not allowed to build more than 1 house in each city.

b) The cost will be 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Carlton
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a) No, you can only build once in each city. From the rules, "A player may never connect to the same city twice."

b) If only one other player has built a house in City B, you only have to pay 15 Elektro to build the second house in that city, even if you are in Step 3. The rules state that, regardless of which step you are in, the cost of the first house is 10 Elektro, the second house 15 Elektro, and third house 20 Elektro.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Blok
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thx you Keng and Ben for your response..

The problem is when we play PG with only 2 players and reach on STEP 3 and follow the rules: A player may never connect to the same city twice each city and then each city never occupied by 3 house from each different players 'till the end game, because there is only 2 players. so each city only occupied max by 2 houses, because if someone want to build third house there, it will breaking the rule, is it correct? am i miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A player can build at most one house in a city.
So of course in a 2-player game, a city will have at most 2 houses since there are only 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
terminalist wrote:
thx you Keng and Ben for your response..

The problem is when we play PG with only 2 players and reach on STEP 3 and follow the rules: A player may never connect to the same city twice each city and then each city never occupied by 3 house from each different players 'till the end game, because there is only 2 players. so each city only occupied max by 2 houses, because if someone want to build third house there, it will breaking the rule, is it correct? am i miss something?

You are not missing anything. What you wrote is correct, i.e. both players cannot build the third house in the cities with already two houses on it in a two player game.

Note that for a two player game, you are playing with 3 regions of the map. That means 21 cities in all. The number of cities required for the end game condition for 2 players is also 21 cities. This implies at least one player has to build in all cities to invoke the end game condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kerstholt
Netherlands
Sebaldeburen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
terminalist wrote:
am i miss something?

As you phrase it, I don't think you are missing something. You can view it in this way: your house on a city means that you are able power that city. And (in a 2 player game) you have to power 21 cities,so you need 21 houses.
Although it may be forbidden by the rules, it just is not necessary and connecting a city a second time is only a loss of time and money.

However do you yet miss something? I have a vague feeling that you have the idea that cities need to be fully built, which is not necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Blok
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well done for the explaining...I got the point.
thx you again Keng and John.

will play again tomorrow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.