Subject: Objective V rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, Objective V states 'all = S.D. win'. Does that mean that if one side takes all five objectives they automatically win immediately, OR that if they hold all objectives AT sudden death they win immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
Quick question, Objective V states 'all = S.D. win'. Does that mean that if one side takes all five objectives they automatically win immediately, OR that if they hold all objectives AT sudden death they win immediately?

If the player controls all five objectives just prior to the sudden death roll, they win regardless of the VPs. So yes, if you reach sudden death and one player controls all five objectives, they win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean it's not a "sudden death" win, as in "ok, I now control all five objectives, so ta-dah, I win"?

Oops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
First bullet under 7.3.2 (which can be found at the bottom of middle column on page 7) formalizes Scoutmom's correct answer above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
First bullet under 7.3.2 (which can be found at the bottom of middle column on page 7) formalizes Scoutmom's correct answer above.

It's faster to post here than to turn this chair to my left, remove CC from the shelf not 12 inches away, open the lid and leaf through the rules.

Whether that's a savage indictment of modern young people I leave for you to decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
It's faster to post here than to turn this chair to my left, remove CC from the shelf not 12 inches away, open the lid and leaf through the rules.

What? You don't have them memorized?

Nor have the PDF version on the computer so you don't even have to turn the chair at all, just open another file on your computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:

What? You don't have them memorized?

Nor have the PDF version on the computer so you don't even have to turn the chair at all, just open another file on your computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.

...and of course much easier to copy and paste to show others the exact rule you are referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
I score this as another 'in before Richard' post by scoutmom. We need to keep a running score on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
I score this as another 'in before Richard' post by scoutmom. We need to keep a running score on this :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.