Subject: Any questions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you have any question about the game, please feel free to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koleno
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where & when can it be purchased?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The game should be released sometime in March. It is currently being shipped. I am working on a new website with a webstore and maybe post some on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Bilodeau
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Gabriel

I have a few question about the game (haven't played yet, got it yesterday in the evening).

I just got your game (through Dave) and there was a piece of paper in it saying that a french rulebook was available at your website. I went there and it's doesn't seems available. Where can I download the french rules of your game?

Also i have a question about the Mobility skills. If i switch a scout with something else with this skill, i can use the skill indicated at the new position of which heroes ? The scout or the other one that was switched ? If it's the scout, could i use this ability multiple time to reorganise all my heroes in my 2 first rows using that skill again and again ?

As a suggestion, since all player needs to play their hero cards face down then reveal it before a combat, it would be nice for each player to have "Empty" Hero card at the start of the game. So if for instance i have only 6 heroes available, i could fill up my empty spaces with "empty" hero cards. As a result, my opponent don't know where there is no heroes on my field and cannot plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance and great works !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I don't have an exact date of release for the french rulebook, but I am working hard to make it available within next week.

As for Mobility, only the moving card (with the skill) will use any skills. So if a scout moves to the front line, she can use mobility again if needed or just stay there. The knight and Matriarch will charge the front line attack. For the scout, you can indeed reorganise the first to row of your army. Only the scout can do this, and it can't do nothing more! The scout is the worst combat hero, but offers and strong strategic support. The most frequent use for the scout is using mobility to charge the front line and take the hit from a superior combattant to save the life of a better hero.

During developpement, we did not see the necessity to hide the empty spaces. The shape of the formation is vital, but it is the timing of each activation that makes a formation effective or not. I am not sure if an opponent, knowing where there are missing heroes will gain an advantage over the enemy. In any case, it is a very interesting idea and if the game is successfull, «empty cards» could easily be added in a second printing. Meanwhile, you could houserule the initial placement by having the attacker place his formation first, then the defender. This would give a small edge toward the defender.

I hope you are having fun with this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game at Origins and have only just had time with my friends' busy schedules to play it (nearly a month later, sigh). I want to say that I was extremely pleasantly surprised! I really love the combat mechanic and the tactics involved in playing this game, and also find the theme, artwork, and integration of the skills with the various characters really fantastic. Seriously, great job with this one, guys!

My 2 player game even with checking on some rules a number of times came in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Some may find this long, but I think the game length has been exaggerated elsewhere, and in fact I didn't want the game to end when it did as I was having such a good time playing it!

Here's my question -- why is this a 2 or 3 player game only? Have you thought about making it a 4 player game, with two partner guilds going against two other guilds? Why couldn't this happen, with players in battle deciding not only which hero to pick and therefore what skill to use, but also which of their opponents to target with it? Everything happens simultaneously, so it should work, right? I would love to try it out, so please let me know if you've tried any 4 player team variants, and what I might need to tweak or watch out for when I try this with my group (soon, I hope). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for the positive comments! Those are truly appreciated! As for why is it not written 4 players on the box? Simply because the basic game with 4 players tended to be too long and playtesters prefered two player games than with four. We did'nt want to include a rule set for 2/3 players and another one for 4/5 players. We simply concentrated our efforts on making a great 2/3 player game and I am strongly confident we achieved this goal.

Nevertheless, what we wrote on the box and in the rulebook are rules, not laws! Please, feel free to modify the game to make it even more fun! And please, do right on this forum about it!

We are working on a new version of the rulebook wich should be published at the same time as the new website. It would be awesome if you could share some variants and different game modes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Availability?

I saw two copies on eBay, but the image matches the BGG prototype box image.

Is that correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The picture is indeed from the factory prototype. If you buy it on eBay, you will get a brand new retail version of the game. Good observation though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.