Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Just noticed NWS has this game for $42:
http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/leofhocboga.html

Whereas my preorder (international) was $84.50 (including postage) with the actual price of the game alone being $65.

How does this equate?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS usually sells game at a huge discount, and perhaps at a loss on some titles.

If you preorder from Clash of Arms, you won't be charged until the game is pn the verge of shipping, and you'll get it before Clash ships games to stores like NWS. I don't know if NWS charges you now or when the title ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
NWS usually sells game at a huge discount, and perhaps at a loss on some titles.

If you preorder from Clash of Arms, you won't be charged until the game is pn the verge of shipping, and you'll get it before Clash ships games to stores like NWS. I don't know if NWS charges you now or when the title ships.

Actually to pre-order you had to use Paypal so I was already charged. Just seems to be a large disparity between pricing is all

Thanks for your responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, for nearly all their pre-orders (and I thought this one was included), Clash of Arms has you use their "Secure Order Form" which asks for a credit card, and they don't charge it until later (as I wrote). I've never tried it with PayPal before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morgan-Evans
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I paid by Paypal and was charged immediately. That was back in 2010, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dean Naval Warfare Simulations / Tactical Warfare Simulations (Land/Air Combat)
United States
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

We do not take "losses" with our price marks, that would be considered product dumping which I will not do.

Publisher preorders do get shipped first (that is typical of any publisher) but we do get our shipments very soon after a launch, usually within a few days in most cases.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.