Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Heimburger
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at this game as a possible item to include in my carry on for airplane trips, but wondered if the regular sized tray in a plane would be large enough for it. Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search Friday's forum for "airplane" or "tray":
Tray Tables Down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
juheimbu wrote:
I'm looking at this game as a possible item to include in my carry on for airplane trips, but wondered if the regular sized tray in a plane would be large enough for it. Thanks for your help!

Probably not. I can play the game on a breakfast tray all right for most of the game. I have to overlap some of the fighting cards and I put the destroyed cards back in the box (which is not on the tray). The point markers use up a lot more space than they should, also. But during the endgame, where you fight the pirates, you are likely to play so many fighting cards that you will run out of space, even if you overlap cards. I usually move the "danger" mat and cards out of the way while I am playing the end game, plus I keep the points markers and destroyed cards off of the tray, so I can barely fit it.

I suggest taking some of the one-page solo print-and-play games instead. Here are a few free ones (you might want to line a small box lid with felt or something, though, so you don't drive people crazy with the dice-rolling noise!):

Sink the Bismarck
Dice of the Living Dead
Bowling Solitaire
Battle Platform Antilles
Utopia Engine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
juheimbu wrote:

But during the endgame, where you fight the pirates, you are likely to play so many fighting cards that you will run out of space, even if you overlap cards.
This is completely accurate. The last few turns with the pirates will take up quite a lot of space. I would suggest finding an alternative game for your airplane entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.