Subject: locking dice for following players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent McDaniel
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Once the active player uncovers a locked die icon and places the appropriate die (or dice) on it to lock it, does this remain locked all through the other, following players turns until it the task/monster is complete? Or do you remove/unlock the locked die right after the active players turn ends, making it freshly unlocked for the next player?

Kent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stays locked for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
kentdread4568 wrote:
Once the active player uncovers a locked die icon and places the appropriate die (or dice) on it to lock it, does this remain locked all through the other, following players turns until it the task/monster is complete? Or do you remove/unlock the locked die right after the active players turn ends, making it freshly unlocked for the next player?

From page 11 of the Rulebook.

Quote:
Cards and Markers with a Locked Die Icon
Until that Adventure card is resolved, the Mythos card is no longer in effect, or the task on that Monster marker is complete, that die may not be added to die rolls and its result may not be used to complete tasks.

So the dice remains locked until one of these three conditions are meet.

i.e.
(i) Until that Adventure card is resolved,
(ii) the Mythos card is no longer in effect,
(iii) the task on that Monster marker is complete.

Just ending your turn isn't one of the conditions so it remains locked on following turns unless one of the above occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a locked dice icon appears the dice immediately goes on it and stays there for as long as the icon is in play. If this icon is on an adventure the dice is locked until that adventure is passed.

If it's on a monster then the dice is locked until the monster is defeated. Note that doesn't mean the adventure has to be passed.

There is one character that ignores dice locks (the Sister I think), but that is the character's special power.

Edit: Oof. I'm a little slow on the draw apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.