Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudius Moeller
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear I am missing something but for me the effects of Khadath's Evacuation style seem unhelpful:

If an opponent stands on the gate trap he cannot hit Khadath this turn. But before he is actually hitting me I have to place the gate trap in Khadath's current space at the start of the beat thus taking the trap away from under my opponent and rendering the protection (opponent standing on the trap cannot hit) useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evacuation prevents the opponent from hitting if they're standing on the trap at the moment they try to hit Khadath.

For instance, if Khadath retreats with an Evacuation, leaving a trap in front of himself, and the opponent tries to close the Distance with a Drive, advancing onto the trap, then Evacuation will prevent the hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Claudius,

Evacuation takes a little bit of play to get used to, but there are two primary uses for it.

1) The backstep will get you out of grasp or strike range.
2) The dodge effect will protect you from a drive (since the advance on drive is mandatory, the opponent has to move onto the trap).
3) The trap + extended range will stop an enemy from escaping with dash, guaranteeing you a hit. (Try an Evacuation Strike when you have your enemy in the corner and there's not much that can stop it!).

This means that if you're close to the opponent, only a Shot or a Burst (or a style with extended range) will beat it. This is more useful in some matchups than others, but it means that Khadath always has a way out of melee with short-range characters if he needs it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudius Moeller
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I get it. Thanks to both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.