Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I just foudn this game and was thinking of purchasing it from CSI but was curious what is included.

It says on their webpage that it includes 15 additional action cards. Is this the plot cards?

If not, does it include plot cards?

I read a review and it said the spies win 80% of the time w/o the plot cards so I was hoping to get a full version of the game

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The plot cards comprise the "expansion" that is included with every copy of The Resistance. I understand they are more useful for (8?,) 9 and 10 player games, where the spies have a bigger advantage. We usually play without, since there's almost always someone who has yet to play more than a few games, and often a first-timer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
illest503 wrote:
The plot cards comprise the "expansion" that is included with every copy of The Resistance. I understand they are more useful for (8?,) 9 and 10 player games, where the spies have a bigger advantage. We usually play without, since there's almost always someone who has yet to play more than a few games, and often a first-timer.

We are playing with 10 people on Sat night

Thx,
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The box has plot cards. Teach the game without them, play a round, if you lose 0-3 spies, add cards. If you can make the score 2-3 or even better 3-2, play without them. I like the pure game most.

I also think it's best at 5 and 7 so do try it at those levels minus plot cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played around 10 times with 5 players w/o plot cards, and it's been about 6/4 in favour of spies. We've played twice with 8 w/o plot cards, and the first game went 3-0 in favour of the spies, and the second game went 3-1 for the spies... and that 1 round that went to the resistance had a spy on the team who was ensuring that we'd put her on the team in a losing cause in the next two rounds - so it was an intentional loss.

From what I've read, our experience is typical. Without plot cards, the Resistance does OK for 5 player games, and has a tougher time as the number of players increases. Plot cards are highly recommended for 8+ players (and can be used with 5-7 as well), unless you don't mind the spies winning all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that with 5-7 and plot cards, Resistance quite often wins. Without, the game is balanced-ish, with possibly a slight Resistance advantage, especially at 6. At 8+, it's incredibly hard to win as Resistance without plot cards, but it happens on occasion. You have to have all really excellent players at the table for this to happen. If you have even a few newbs, you're screwed.

As I like the pure logic-puzzle aspect of the game without plot cards, I prefer playing 5 or 7, the pure game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.