M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state that defenders are doubled. But nowhere seems to be anything about canceling a retreat. Which means any retreat result on a surrounded city will result in a kill instead.

I don't have much experience with this game (yet), but that seems to make Leningrad, Odessa and Sevastopol much more easy to grab than historically.

Any comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thought Kael. I may have to write up a house rule for that and try it.

I think of 1941 as a quicker playing version of The Russian Campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And where in the rules does it day Defender is doubled in cities?

The TEC clearly shows Major & Reference cities as NE(no effect) on combat

Now a city in a clear hex may receive the Armor bonus.And some cities are in Fortification hexes which are doubled but only them and no others.

You have to remember this a a design element.The game is only 7 turns long and ends in Dec 41.
The sieges of Sevastopol,Leningrad & the Battle of Stalingrad hadn't taken place yet-they're in 1942.Odessa fell to the Rumanian's after a hard fight but it wasn't a siege.

If you add no retreats for units in a fortification hex that will throw off the game balance.With only 7 game turns it's already a tough fight for the German player.This adds to that trouble(IMHO)

If the game went for the entire war then I would say yes

The Errata adds 2 more Russian cities.Riga & Minsk.0 points if German Controlled or Encircled.-1 if Soviet Controlled
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Slip of the tongue; I meant fortification hexes.

I see your point, but to be blown out out a fort like that... What's it there for in the first place?

But alas, for balance purposes. At least now I know we did play it right (not cancelling retreat). Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.