Subject: Refridgerator games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What European games do you think is good to play on a refridgerator?

Of course I don't mean to sit on the fridge and play it. I mean games that I can make a magnetic version, put it on the fridge's door and play a few moves a day with my wife and brother. The games, therefore I think, should not have too many tokens (Agricola would be impossible), should not be a card game, should not have too much hidden information, and the layout of the board(s) should not be too complicated. I made a magnetic version of Carcassonne before but I could not make the meeples (so I have a nice field with cities and roads on my fridge, but no meeples ). Besides, the randomness of drawing tile is kind of tricky. The tiles must be placed faced down on the fridge , so they take up space. But Carcassone is a good choice.

Tic-tac-to is not a good choice because it's not fun. Domino is also not good because you need a concealed hand of quite a few tiles (1-2 hidden tiles is ok, more than that is too many). Chess, or the alikes, is too hardcore. Kingsburg is not good, because it uses too many dice (1-2 dice is ok). Do you see my dilema ?

So, what do you think? I think fridge game can be fun, especially for people who do not have time to sit down together and go through 2-3 hours of gaming. Breakfast with a little gaming, maybe some discussion and trash talk, is a good way to start a day, don't you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Camelot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Jack (someone has done it before. look at the image gallery)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Ledoux
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought was Qwirkle. You have six hidden tiles at a time, though, so it doesn't quite fit your restrictions. I think fridge Qwirkle could work though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for hive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Hive. I think there are already printable sheets in the File section originally created for this express purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
micropul

We hide each person's hand and supply with a piece of paper. Nothing fancy but it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
What is this refridgerator of which you speak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Flow ???

Oh, wait ON a refrigerator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Hive

Or if you want it lighter, have a look at Blokus.

Through the Desert should work well too, if you replace the camels with samll magnets in different colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive
Blokus
Tsuro (3 hidden tiles per player)
Ido

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, That's my fish!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all very much for the suggestions! I think Hive and Micropul are great, except that for Hive, I will have to replace Spider by something else, because my wife hates spiders , and Micropul has 6 hidden tiles per person. Besides, both of these games are 2-player games, and I'd love to have games that 3 or more players can play. Blokus does not have enough theme, aka too abstract for a breakfast conversation . Tsuro looks interesting, I will have to see how it is played. I think Hive and Micropul is the place to start.

Is there any management game, like Caylus, that you think can fit as a fridge game? That would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mad Hatter
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much any of them, I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.