7 Wonders: Cities» Forums » General

Subject: A new video presentation :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok it's in French,but you can see some of the cards.

you can see the two news wonders -prototype version- (look already great i think !) also..

it's here:
http://www.trictrac.tv/video-cities-mais-qu-est-ce-donc-que-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumb and GG tip to anyone who gives a rough English translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only a few new things Mr. Phal says that weren't already revealed in the other video, but a bunch of pictures here. Anyways, here's my notes :

- Doesn't require Leaders to play this expansion

- two new wonders :

Petra (A)
Produces Clay
1st stage : 3VP
2nd stage : 6VP (costs money instead of resources)
3rd stage : 7VP

Petra (B)
Produces Clay
1st stage : 6VP (costs money instead of resources)
2nd stage : 12VP (costs money instead of resources)

Bizantium (A)
Produces Stone
1st stage : 3 VP
2nd stage : 2 VP + Diplomacy token
3rd stage : 7 VP

Bizantium (B)
Produces Stone
1st stage : 3 VP + Diplomacy token
2nd stage : 5 VP + Diplomacy token

New age cards, black, for all three ages.

- Cards to make opponents lose money
Hideout = 2 VP, players lose 2 gold
Lair = cost 1 Glass, 1 Wood. 3 VP, players lose 3 Gold

- Copy stuff from your left or right neighbour
"pigeonnier" : cost 1 gold + 1 iron, gives a Mask symbol (was mentioned in the other video to copy a science symbol)
Architects : costs = Parchment
gain 6 gold, use chaining from your neighbours' buildings.

Players are able to get some debt if they don't have the means to pay for something (player's event, maybe also paying for a card? not clear). Gives negative points in the end.

Clandestine dockyards (East, West) : costs 1 gold, lower the cost of bought resources on that side by one. Can reduce to zero.

Militia : costs 3 gold, gives 2 Military (Age One!)
Contingent : costs 7 gold, gives 4 military (Age 3?)

Embassy : Stone, Silk and Parchment. 3VP + Diplomacy token (you don't participate in conflicts that round, your left and right neighbours fight each other)

1 extra card per player in each age, so players will play seven cards.

Extra leaders included in the box :
- (3) Once per age, don't pay costs for a black card
- (2) Get a diplomacy token
- (1) when you would lose one gold, gain one instead ?

Extra guilds are also mentioned, but not shown, Except one at the beginning of the video (counterfeiters' guild), that gives 5 VP and makes everyone else lose 4 gold.

Team play rules !

Players play in team of two. When you receive your cards, you show them to your teammate. Players in a team decide collectively on both cards they should play (but still have a wonder each and separate mats).
They're allowed to signal cards in hand (not revealing information) or to talk openly (revealing to everyone), bluffing is allowed !

Scalability up to 8 players confirmed, no details.

All pictures are from prototypes, so costs/effects may be fine tuned and subject to change, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Lademann
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your translation!

I am very interested into the diplomacy tokens. So far, I thought that as soon as you have one of them, you are out of combat and your neighbors will fight with each other. But why would you want to have mutiple diplomacy tokens as the Bizantium wonder offers?

Dystopian wrote:

Bizantium (B)
Produces Stone
1st stage : 3 VP + Diplomacy token
2nd stage : 5 VP + Diplomacy token

Does a token only work for a single age? If so, how are you suppossed to show that a certain symbol (which is on cards or the Bizantium wonder) is already used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jester_dt wrote:
Does a token only work for a single age? If so, how are you suppossed to show that a certain symbol (which is on cards or the Bizantium wonder) is already used?

I think a token only works in the age you get it, and you give them back at the end of the age after military conflicts. That would put a constraint on when to build each wonder level for Bizantium (B) though.

Basically, it amounts to gaining 2 VP (no defeat tokens) and making one of your neighbours lose 2/4/6 VP (in case one of them should have won against you, but loses against your other neighbour), or make both of them lose 1/3/5 VP (In case they're tied).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think a token only works in the age you get it, and you give them back at the end of the age after military conflicts. That would put a constraint on when to build each wonder level for Bizantium (B) though.

You're right !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering (pun, ugh) if you can willingly acquire debt tokens or only if you have to pay from a play & can't pay. Can I purchase resources from my neighbor without gold? If so, would they'd get gold from the bank & I'd get debt tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is you'd only be forced to take debt tokens when an effect requires you to pay (the fragmented coin icon). Other games treat this similarly; you can't willingly spend what you don't have, but if you're being taxed, you sacrifice points to cover the shortage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Rikelynck
Belgium
Wavre
Brabant Wallon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Debt tokens can only be "acquired" when playing a black card that obliged you to pay/loose money (the fragmented coin icon). You cannot have debt tokens for paying resources to your neighboor if you don't have the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man... French board gamers look so much cooler...That beard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since noone else has posted a compilation of the information about the cards, I figured I'd use my very rusty high school French to try and translate what's on them. No promises this is completely accurate, but at least it's a starting point.

1st Age
Hideout = free to play, 2VP, all opponents lose $2
Residence = cost 1 brick, 1VP, 1 Diplomacy token
Secret Pier East/West = cost $1, $1 discount on resources
Secret Warehouse = cost $2, treat 1 resource/good as 2
Militia = cost $3, provides 2 military
Pigeoneer/Pigeon Cote = cost $1 & 1 ore, "mask" ability
Gambling Den = free to play, you get $6 and neighbors get $1
City Gate = cost $1 & 1 wood, 4VP

2nd Age
Consulate = cost 1 brick & 1 parchment, 2VP, 1 Diplomacy token
Hall of Records = cost $2 & 1 wood & 1 ore & 1 cloth, 6VP
Lair = cost 1 wood & 1 glass, 3VP, all opponents lose $3
Sepulchre = cost 1 stone & 1 glass, 3VP, all opponents lose $1 per Leader
Society of Architects = cost 1 parchment, $6, use neighbor's construction chains
Brothel = cost 1 cloth, get $2 for each Red, Green & Blue card in city
Mercenaries = cost $5, provides 3 military
Society of Spies = cost $2 & 1 stone & 1 brick, "mask" ability
Black Market = cost 1 brick & 1 cloth, provides 1 resource/good

3rd Age
"Contingent" (Legion?) = cost $7, provides 4 military
Capitol = cost $2 & 2 stone & 2 brick & 1 glass & 1 parchment, 8VP
Cult = cost 2 wood & 1 ore & 1 cloth, 4VP, all opponents lose $4
Torture Chamber = cost $3 & 2 ore & 1 glass, "mask" ability
Secret Society = cost 1 stone & 1 parchment, 1VP & $1 per Black card in city
Builder's Society = cost 1 brick & 1 wood & 1 parchment & 1 glass, 4VP, all opponents lose $1 per Wonder
Slave Market = cost 2 ore & 2 wood, 1VP & $1 per Leader in city
Embassy = cost 1 brick & 1 cloth & 1 parchment, 3VP, 1 Diplomacy token

Guilds
Counterfeiter's Guild = cost 2 ore & 1 brick & 1 cloth & 1 glass, 5VP, all opponents lose $4
Thieve's Guild = cost 2 stone & 1 brick & 1 parchment, 1VP per Black card in neighbors' cities
Mourner's Guild = cost 2 brick & 1 ore & 1 glass & 1 cloth, 1VP per Leader in neighbors' cities
Moneylender's Guild = cost 2 wood & 1 cloth & 1 parchment, 1VP per 2 "Debt" tokens held by neighbors

Leaders (none of the Leaders were named)
Leader #1 = cost $1, from this point forward gain a coin for each coin you are required to lose due to an opponent's card play (? -- not sure, this is a new set of symbols)
Leader #2 = cost $3, may play one Black card each age at no cost
Leader #3 = cost $7, gain $2 for each Black card you play from this point forward
Leader #4 = cost $4, 1VP per Black card in city
Leader #5 = cost $2, 1 Diplomacy token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Milke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:

Sepulchre = cost 1 stone & 1 glass, 3VP, all opponents lose $1 per Leader

Slave Market = cost 2 ore & 2 wood, 1VP & $1 per Leader in city

Leaders are not affectet, they lose $1 per victory token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
I figured I'd use my very rusty high school French to try and translate what's on them.

Not so rusty, you've done well

I've added my comments/guesses below:

1st Age
Secret Pier East/West = cost $1, $1 discount on resources (only once per turn)
City Gate = cost $1 & 1 wood, 4VP (maybe $2?)

2nd Age

Sepulchre = cost 1 stone & 1 glass, 3VP, all opponents lose $1 per military victory token (as clarified by Jonas)
Black Market = cost 1 brick & 1 cloth, provides 1 resource/good that you do not already produce with brown/grey cards (once per turn)

3rd Age
Secret Society = cost 1 stone & 1 parchment, 1VP & $1 per Black card in city
Builder's Society = cost 1 brick & 1 wood & 1 parchment & 1 glass, 4VP, all opponents lose $1 per Wonder stage built
Slave Market = cost 2 ore & 2 wood, 1VP & $1 per military victory token
can't see name (15'23) = cost 2 stone, 1 ore, 1 brick & 1 cloth, 5VP & players lose $1(?) per military victory token

Guilds
Mourner's Guild = cost 2 brick & 1 ore & 1 glass & 1 cloth, 1VP per military victory tokens held by neighbours

Leaders
Leader #1 = cost $1, from this point forward, every time you lose coins due to a card effect, you lose one less and every time you gain coins, you gain one more (once per turn)

Regarding the debt tokens, from what is said, you can take those only when other players make you lose coins... even if you actually have the money to pay. You can save your coins (to pay for ll that expensive stuff) by grabbing debts tokens.

Have to say that the way they combine to fotm the -1 VP icon is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor VVV
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PierreNZ wrote:
can't see name (15'23) = cost 2 stone, 1 ore, 1 brick & 1 cloth, 5VP & players lose $1(?) per military victory token
"Cénotaphe" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenotaph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone clarify the Mask symbol? Is it for sure only for copying Science symbols? Did they explain the significance of using this symbol rather than something that actually ties in with the Science symbols? It doesn't make sense to me, especially compared to how all the other symbols in the game look.

Also, is it okay to play 8-player games without playing in teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to what is said in the video, the Mask only copies a Science symbol.
They mention the fact that the symbol on each green card can only be copied once. For example, you have three Mask symbols, your left neighbour has no science and your right neighbour has only the Scriptorium. You would only be able to copy the one Tablet.

They also mention that the rules are pretty much set in stone but they might still modify things if needed. Unless the Masks are found completely underpowered, i'd expect they'll play as above.

Not sure about 8 "solo" players. Can't remember that point being specifically addressed. Will re-watch if nobody answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Shepherd
Canada
Tecumseh
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That guys beard is magnificent!

It makes me want to buy this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:

Scalability up to 8 players confirmed, no details.

Probably as with 7 players decks for every age have 56 cards, but with 8 player every player gets only 7 cards (as in the base game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just weird that they are even using this Mask symbol. All the other symbology in the game make some sort of intuitive sense. But nothing about this Mask symbols makes you remember that it allows you to copy Science. I hope they either change the symbol or change the functionality, because this will open up a can of worms in future expansions, if you keep adding symbols that have nothing to do with how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.