Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is clear that if both players pass one after the other, then the game ends. But what if one player pass and the other not? The "passing player" may pass for a while, until he is in a position to play or until the other player passes, but what of having an "equal number of turns"? Okay, the "passing player" gets the same number of turn, but is not playing the same number of turn.

Though that could be part of the game, it does imbalance it a bit.

Views?

~J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniël Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a matter of fairness. It's a matter of strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That reminded me of GOSU until they introduced a maximum of 10 passes before the game ends... otherwise you could go for a pint, a fish and chips, come back, still watch Eastender and then the game may have ended... with a runaway leader ...

Indeed a strategy but how enjoyable?

~J

edited for typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniël Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's not something that 'just happens'; it can be foreseen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
publisher
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played it on yucata and got stuck with only 2 cards and 71 points, I knew I wasn't going to pass for the rest of the game, but I had so many more points I though I'd keep drafting the cards until the game is over, but the big ones didn't come out so I ended up losing giving the oponent too much time to recover...

It was a strategy that went wrong, but I knew I was in for it...

This is a god game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Passing for strategy can be very situational. Towards the end of the game, your opponent may be forced to pass because he/she cannot acquire a card..then you pass afterward if you feel as though you have more points. It can be a very critical move..and after 50 or so plays of famiglia, it seems to be the best use for it.

Moral of the story: never be the first to pass unless you have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.