Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Barton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly new to WoG and I have a question about how merc hits work...

Sample situation:

A leader commanding 1 generic troop and 3 mercs has to take 2 hits... Which is the correct case?

a) he takes the 2 hits on the mercs causing the one surviving merc to leave as well ending up with only the leader and the one generic troop left.

or

b) the first hit taken by a merc causes them all to leave thus leaving the second hit to go to the generic troop... ending up with only the leader left.

Thanks in advance
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
BWBnTX wrote:
I am fairly new to WoG and I have a question about how merc hits work...

Sample situation:

A leader commanding 1 generic troop and 3 mercs has to take 2 hits... Which is the correct case?

a) he takes the 2 hits on the mercs causing the one surviving merc to leave as well ending up with only the leader and the one generic troop left.

or

b) the first hit taken by a merc causes them all to leave thus leaving the second hit to go to the generic troop... ending up with only the leader left.

Thanks in advance
Bob

I've always played it that the player who's troops they are decides how all the hits are applied, then you apply special rules. So in this case, you would apply two hits to the mercs, then all the mercs would disappear. You COULD choose to take one hit on the regular troop and one hit on a merc, then have all the mercs disappear, but that would be a poor choice.

That's how I've played it, anyway. Doesn't mean it's the right way. Let a few other people weigh in.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See WoG Rules, page 9, left column, bottom (emphasis mine):

"Following the assignment of all battle hits, if at least one mercenary on a side took a battle hit, any remaining mercenaries on that side are now removed (those fickle fellows)."

By the way, you have great taste in games... this is a fantastic title, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the defender picks which units take hits. It evens out the randomness of the regular die rolls, so to speak.

And it is a very under-rated game IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent game ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.