Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently traded for Fields of Fire, and in looking into the game a little more, I see that I received the first edition that contains some counters with errors on them.

This is my first GMT game, and in following the wargame forum and looking at the Fields of Fire forum, everyone has praised GMT for their impeccable customer service and the fact that you can simply contact them, and they will send you the corrected counters.

Unfortunately, I'm a little late to the party, and when I contacted GMT, they informed me that they no longer had any of the corrected counters.

I did however see that the corrected Fields of Fire counters were included in issue #22 of GMT's C3i Magazine.

So my question to the wargame forum is, would anyone out there who has a copy of C3i #22, but does not care to play Fields of Fire be able to send me their unused corrected counter-sheet?

A mod might feel the need to move this to the Fields of Fire forum, but I figured the people who own Fields of Fire would have kept the corrected counters for themselves, so I'm putting it out to the Wargame community as a whole in hopes that someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm sure I have these knocking about somewhere. Do you know how many there are ? I'll have a look and get back to you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian,

I'm looking at the GMT page for C3i #22, and it looks like there were 28 corrected counters for Fields of Fire. Geekmail me if/when you find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the Wargames General forum to the Fields of Fire General forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I've just got a copy of un opened copy of FOF. I'm litte confused by the infantry counters. Mine have the red emblem/patch on them. Looking at the examples of play and the videos they are using infantry units with the black emblem/patch on them ? My copy only has one counter that has the black emblem/patch. Am i missing something, i order a copy of GMT magazine with the corrected counters, will this solve the problem ?

Thank you,
Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katalbot wrote:
Hello all,
I've just got a copy of un opened copy of FOF. I'm litte confused by the infantry counters. Mine have the red emblem/patch on them. Looking at the examples of play and the videos they are using infantry units with the black emblem/patch on them ? My copy only has one counter that has the black emblem/patch. Am i missing something, i order a copy of GMT magazine with the corrected counters, will this solve the problem ?

Thank you,
Keith

I did some moderate research on this before posting this thread, so here's what I know. There are 28 counters that have errors on them in the first printing of FoF. To find which counters have errors, go to the Fields of Fire page on GMT's website and click on the "errata" link around the middle of the page. (Sorry, I can't link to the GMT page from my work computer due to a firewall.) The very last section on this errata sheet will tell you exactly which counters have errors so that you can check against the counters you have.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, GMT does not have any more corrected counters in stock to send you. Therefore, the only way to get them is by aquiring the 28 corrected counters from C3i Magazine, issue #22.

All that being said, you should be okay once your C3i Magazine comes in, but this background should give you piece of mind while you wait. Enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a look and my mind is at ease, thanks you for the info!

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katalbot wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you,
Keith

If I understand your post correctly, if you only have one 2nd Infantry Division counter ("black patch"), sounds like you are missing most of the US units used for Normandy and Korea.
Just to double check, the "red emblem/patch" is the 25th Infantry Division used in the Vietnam scenario's only. The black patch is the 2nd Infantry Division used in Normandy and Korea.

25th Infantry Division: Vietnam

2nd Infantry Division: Normandy and Korea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tc237 wrote:
katalbot wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you,
Keith

If I understand your post correctly, if you only have one 2nd Infantry Division counter ("black patch"), sounds like you are missing most of the US units used for Normandy and Korea.
Just to double check, the "red emblem/patch" is the 25th Infantry Division used in the Vietnam scenario's only. The black patch is the 2nd Infantry Division used in Normandy and Korea.

25th Infantry Division: Vietnam

2nd Infantry Division: Normandy and Korea

Exactly corrrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.