Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good luck getting techie questions answered -- so, here goes.

I'm looking for a web-based email client. One where I can log in and access all my email accounts in one place. Think of it like a Thunderbird, only cloud-based.

I don't want to install this on my own server, and I have both POP and IMAP mail to check.

I've looked and looked and I can find nothing that will do this (even GMail won't import IMAP).

Bonus points if it will let me keep my downloaded/stored POP mail on the cloud, so the archived folders are accessible from any computer.

Recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Who told you that about Gmail? It handles imap just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmm... when I go to add an IMAP account, it errors out, saying it can't find the POP server.

I don't want to forward IMAP to GMail -- I want to use GMail as a client, so I can read and respond as the email address in the IMAP account.

Is there a secret way to get IMAP mail accounts into GMail? From this thread for example (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=4217e...) it doesn't seem possible yet (and, probably ever...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I'll update my request -- I don't need to have POP access.

So, a web-based client that supports IMAP is all I need. If GMail can do that, that would be spectacular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_pop3_emai...

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78...

Not exactly sure what the problem is. I know I've done some imap configuration with gmail a while ago, but it's been a while and without knowing exact details, I can't even begin to guess what your error means.

Perhaps you've done a bit of searching regarding the issue, but if you haven't, here's a couple of links that might help, including a link to a list of other POP and IMAP web based email clients.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - I see the issue.

I don't mean "reading my GMail" in another client (like Thunderbird) -- using IMAP. I can do that easily.

I mean using another account (my hosted domain) which provides mail in IMAP - and reading THAT through GMail - basically, using GMail as a web-based Thunderbird to read another account's email....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really what you're looking for, but I just forward all of my domain e-mail to gmail, and have my send-mail-as and reply-to set to my domain e-mail address, so no one actually sees my gmail address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You set up a forward?

It wouldn't be awful... but not ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.