Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the PNP all done up and ready to play but have a few questions. Sent a message on kickstarter but havent gotten a response yet so thought I would post here as well.

I dont see it mentioned in the rules but from the card and from my previous magic experience ( this game seems like magic but deckbuilding ) a monster that is flying can only be blocked by flying monsters or monsters that are given levitate, is that correct?

During the purchase phase, is only 1 card allowed to be purchased or as many as you can afford?

The Life Elemental Monster card ability states to "Draw 1 Spirit to increase a player or monsters life by 1" - What exactly does it mean to "draw 1 spirit"??

Also its a little confusing to me about the activation tokens. I understand that they provide a sort of "summoning sickness" when monsters and relics are played, But im not getting the gist of them during combat. The rules state to place them ( activation tokens ) on attacking and defending monsters but at the end phase these tokens get removed. ( Im used to magic where attackers stay "tapped" which is sorta what activation tokens represent in this ) So whats the point in using them? Since they come right off the monsters in the very next phase. Also, the guardian Angel monster ability allows it to block and not receive an activation token, but again, what does it matter since the token would be removed in the end phase right after the combat. Im not seeing the bonus or hinderance of activation tokens during combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a reply via Kickstarter so thought I would post the answers I was given here.

ErnieB wrote:

I dont see it mentioned in the rules but from the card and from my previous magic experience ( this game seems like magic but deckbuilding ) a monster that is flying can only be blocked by flying monsters or monsters that are given levitate, is that correct?

Flying works as it does in Magic The Gathering. Flying monsters that are attacking can only be blocked by monsters with flying.

Quote:
During the purchase phase, is only 1 card allowed to be purchased or as many as you can afford?

You may purchase as many cards as you can afford, however, you may not purchase more than 1 of the same card.

Quote:
The Life Elemental Monster card ability states to "Draw 1 Spirit to increase a player or monsters life by 1" - What exactly does it mean to "draw 1 spirit"??

Draw was an old term and is no longer in use. The correct term should be to "Spend" 1 spirit to increase a player or monsters life by 1.

Quote:
Also its a little confusing to me about the activation tokens. I understand that they provide a sort of "summoning sickness" when monsters and relics are played, But im not getting the gist of them during combat. The rules state to place them ( activation tokens ) on attacking and defending monsters but at the end phase these tokens get removed. ( Im used to magic where attackers stay "tapped" which is sorta what activation tokens represent in this ) So whats the point in using them? Since they come right off the monsters in the very next phase. Also, the guardian Angel monster ability allows it to block and not receive an activation token, but again, what does it matter since the token would be removed in the end phase right after the combat. Im not seeing the bonus or hinderance of activation tokens during combat.

I didnt get an answer to this. The rules were updated but after reading them I still dont see an answer to this in them either. So I sent another message and am awaiting further clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understood attack doesn't work exactly as in Magic. You can attack with one monster, an opponent assigns any number of creatures to block your attacker. After the attack resolves you may decide to attack with yet another creature. Opponent may not block with the same creatures then. I guess that's what he meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make sense then. I didnt catch that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.