Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh small
United States
Corry
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im possibly buying a used copy with both expansions but it is all packaged into the base game box. So my question is how hard will it be to sort everything out? Id prefer for our first game or two to be just the base game, also like to be able to add just one expansion at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Borosak
Croatia
10000 Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not wrong, all cards from expansion should have some little icons on them.
So it will be easy to separate cards.
And purple monsters are from expansion also.
Check rulebook for every expansion to see exactly what icons you are looking on cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
I believe all cards have expansion identifying icons in the bottom right corner, so sorting will probably be not that difficult.

Regarding the expansions: I strongly recommend including the first expansion "Shadow of War" as it is not so much an expansion as the missing parts for the complete game.

There's not that much extra weight to the rules added by the expansion, but the added gameplay value makes up for it by miles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Borosak
Croatia
10000 Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I would recomend Shadows of War too, great addition to base game and like Andreas said more missing part of base game than expansion.
Well you can also play with some part from Burning Crusade too.
Burning Crusade also gives you option to play Paladin(and I forget other character) on both sides too. So that option you can include in your first game without problem.
Maybe for first two games leave out dungeons and another board.

I hope you will enjoy playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renny Roufail
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like others have said, the additional cards have expansion icons on them. You will need to reference the instruction manuals though (or look for a reference guide here) that will differentiate the additional hero figures, monsters (expansion monsters came in all colors) and overlords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

boros wrote:
[...]Burning Crusade also gives you option to play Paladin(and I forget other character) on both sides too.[...]

Shaman.

As a sidenote: with or without expansions (but especially with), investing in storage really pays of.

My solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh small
United States
Corry
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. This makes me happy I had this many years ago when it first came out but didnt have anywhere that it could be played with its large size. Im excited to get it now that I got the room and a table suitable for it.

The storage is a good idea, I got several empty card boxes for playing M:TG so Ill have to try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you want to use dividers as I did, I'll be happy to sent you the Photoshop files... Just me a PM with your e-mail address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.