Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is 'Guillotine with an attitude'. Guillotine is a nice little card game wherein you play a card (which usually just alters the line of nobles or gives you extra points), then take the first noble in line. In Family Business, however, you are trying to get your opponent's mobsters 'whacked' while attempting to save your own skin. It can be quick, nasty fun.

I like it even better than Guillotine, in spite of a strange little rule that whenever a defensive 'red' card is played, that player becomes the next player. This often results in someone losing a turn, sometimes several in a row. In spite of this, one seems to have a bit more control of his own fate in Family Business, and I like the fun nastiness which the game revolves around.

Jon, Lenny, Eric and I represented the mobsters. It was a blood-fest, with Jon pulling out a narrow victory over Eric with only one mobster remaining. Eric was again frustrated by finishing 2nd in a game!!

Ratings: Eric 8, Greg 6, Jon 5, Lenny 4 (who, for some reason, doesn't like this one at all, but enjoys Guillotine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.