Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be running a demo play time on Saturday Feb. 4 at Labyrinth Games & Puzzles in Washington DC, from 11am to at least 2pm. Novices as well as experienced players are welcome! I have multiple copies of the promo cards, and attendees can earn one for each game played.

Labyrinth is relatively new game store -- they celebrated their first anniversary a few months ago. It is one of my favorite game stores, having a bright, clean, welcoming feel to it. The owner Kathleen is friendly and savvy about both games and business. There are numerous games in the back area available for playing in the store. At first I was disappointed that they don't have any Summoner Wars in stock, but that actually has a benefit because they give 20% off of anything you special order through them!

They are located at 645 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003. They are within a literal stone's throw of the Eastern Market Metro stop, there is metered parking in the vicinity, and free parking for 2-hour stretches in the neighborhoods a few blocks away. You can find out more at their website, www.labyrinthgameshop.com, including their event calendar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KevOne
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you, thumbs up!
There need to be more SW player like yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I posted at the Plaid Hat Games forum:

Quote:
This was a very enjoyable and successful time.

We -- that is I, my 13-year-old daughter, and my son-in-law (married to a different daughter )-- showed up just past 11, and at first it was a bit slow. So I had David and Cathy play a game together, and as occasional people strolled by I summarized the game for them. After that game ended, David took a break, and I started setting up a game against Cathy. But then someone said they wanted to try a game, so he played against David, and then someone else wanted a game so I let him play Cathy, while I continued explaining and enthusing about the game. After a while one of the early people I spoke to came back with free time, and played me! We were all kept busy with various opponents well past the stated 2pm end time, eventually leaving about 3:30.

It was a lot of fun, both playing and explaining to passers-by. The Labyrinth has a very nice feel to it, welcoming to both hobby gamers and the general public. Many more shoppers came through during that time than in other stores I have demoed in. I look forward to doing more there in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.