Subject: Vassal Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am working on a Vassal Module for this game. Screen shots available on the Vassal website. It is not just a virtual game table but it tries to enforce all rules and control game flow. Beta testers sought. Contributors of English language game pieces scans (or any other language) very welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shafrir
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to help with the beta testing, it is a very interesting idea cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's very kind of you.

The testing will start in a few days and I will contact you via private msg to organise an online session.

I hope you are fine with reading some Italian, because at the moment all game pieces are the Italian version ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shafrir
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks god for Google translate then
And also i have a copy of the English version so i will use the images for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MODULE DESIGNER DIARY

I don't want to lose your interest (given the overwhelming response to my post I really can't afford to lose you cool ) therefore I will give you an update on where I stand.

Needed before we can start testing:

1) I am finishing up coding all heroes/villains special abilities (2-3 days)

2) I need to clean up the player sides checks (1 day)

3) I need to clean up reporting/log of actions (but this is also related to a problem with the current version of Vassal.. might have to stick with garbled text for the time being)

Needed later to complete the module:

1) Masterplans and power ups (not yet included)

2) Multiple heroes support/combat (not yet included)

3) Checking for victory conditions and end scenario combat (not yet included)

4) Combat with multiple villain players (at the moment only the head villain player does it all, like in a 2 player game)

5) There is no way at the moment to handle changing the first player around every turn (needs to be done by hand)

6) Need to replace all cards with English version scans (I actually plan to give language choice at the beginning)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shafrir
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol looks great and thanks for the update cool

PM me if you want to contact me directly, this way i will not miss an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MODULE DESIGNER DIARY update

Quote:
1) I am finishing up coding all heroes/villains special abilities (2-3 days)

Heroes abilities: 97% done (Jean Grey's Cerebro not quite right; Invisible Woman supporting combat ability working only after any boost from villain already done.. only a problem when facing Dr Doom himself, since he cannot scheme to boost lead villain combat, anyway).

Villain backup abilities: 95% done, some issue with taking the initiative left

Agents: done

Villain combat abilities: 50% done, current priority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MODULE DESIGNER DIARY update

We tried the beta online but at the moment there are disastrous problems synchronizing. I am hoping I will get some tech support from the Vassal developers, but if anyone here is a Vassal user and could help with starting a game that would be great. Please msg me.

Otherwise the module works fine in hotseat mode, with current limitations (no masterplans, no power ups, no end scenario, a few villains not supported, still some garbled log here and there). If anybody is interested in this pre-release for beta testing in hot seat mode, please contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.