Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
NORAD's counter is Quagmire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I get for skimming shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRakeman wrote:
In the deluxe edition, it seems all the events that remain in play have a counter you can use to represent it, except for NORAD? Is this correct? And if so, is there a reason why there is no NORAD counter?

They didn't do chits for the Optional Cards. What we do is put a US 1 influence marker in the DEFCON 2 box as a reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anderson
United States
Ellensburg
Washington
flag msg tools
Eeeville wrote:

Regarding this - I didn't even realize this until playing on VASSAL and it came up. I assume this is in errata, as I can't recall any language on the card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it says "canceled by Quagmire"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
They didn't do chits for the Optional Cards. What we do is put a US 1 influence marker in the DEFCON 2 box as a reminder.

That is a REALLY good idea. I'm totally stealing that.

Now, tell us about your two sheds, Mr. Jackson...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you write your most recent symphony in this shed of yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Giggidy giggidy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this! I just played my copy and, after having played several games recently on Vassal, I had thought I'd lost the NORAD token!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Orth
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
TheRakeman wrote:
In the deluxe edition, it seems all the events that remain in play have a counter you can use to represent it, except for NORAD? Is this correct? And if so, is there a reason why there is no NORAD counter?

I came into this thread trying to figure out where the NORAD chit was. The OCD side of me was going crazy thinking I'd lost it.

My first thought was they didn't do chits for the optional cards, but why do I have chit #110 AWACS sale to Saudis?

I will start putting 1 IP on defcon 2 for NORAD, but technically if soviets play NORAD before us controls Canada you have to remember to enable it if they add the needed IP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JIM SMITH
United States
California
flag msg tools
I made my own.

Feel free to download and print out. Put the images in Word, and make them 9/16" in size. I then clued them to a piece of thin cardboard (it was a book my daughter outgrew) and trimmed it up.

I had trouble with the wording of the text, so while its mostly correct, it doesn't mention that the US player needs to already have influence to add +1 to, but this is just a reminder anyway. If anyone has better text, I can redo it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snubber wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
TheRakeman wrote:

I came into this thread trying to figure out where the NORAD chit was. The OCD side of me was going crazy thinking I'd lost it.

My first thought was they didn't do chits for the optional cards, but why do I have chit #110 AWACS sale to Saudis?

I will start putting 1 IP on defcon 2 for NORAD, but technically if soviets play NORAD before us controls Canada you have to remember to enable it if they add the needed IP.

Flip it. Light side - Canada is not controlled by USA; dark side it is and NORAD is operational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, is the norad card removed from the game? It has an asterix but no red reminder text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is removed, the card was misprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.