3 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: lethal counterattack vs the only game that matters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie boland
Canada
flag msg tools
playing a game last night my opponent played lethal counterattack to kill my participating characters now could i lay the only game that matters to make my characters with out a intrigue icon out of the challenge and keep from dying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is no.

Only Game That Matters:

"Any Phase: Until the end of the challenge, participating characters without an [Intrigue] icon do not count their STR."

Characters are NOT removed from the Challenge. They still participate, just do not count their STR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, the timing doesn't work out. Playing Lethal Counterattack is a player action, playing Only Game That Matters is a player action too. By the time you get to play Only Game, Lethal Counterattack is fully resolved and your characters are on the Dead Pile.

The only things that help are cancel responses, that cancel LC, or save responses, that save your characters from being killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.