United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might dig this.

Everyone else... um... probably not.
If you do play the video, be warned, it is weird and loud and possibly seizure-inducing.

That said, BOMBS AWAY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. This does bring me great pleasure. Must find CD. This is perfect bedtime music for when Coast to Coast has some crappy ghost stories on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to oblige.

I can't believe how awesome it sounds myself, though I don't think I'd listen to it for bedtime. I'd like to give it a shot on a friend's sweet set of speakers. (And knowing him, he'd dig it as well!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mister lunch wrote:
...friend's sweet set of speakers...

A couple years ago... my neighbor is moving out. He calls me.

neighbor: Hey, I got some speakers here, wondering if you'd want them. I know you like your audio.

me: Sure, I will take a look. (expecting some crap Sony, Panasonic, etc stored away in a basement all destroyed)

neighbor: I was given them by someone in a similar situation, moving, thought I would use them. They are just too big and took up too much space. They are in my attic, if you want them, you can have them.

I see them... holy crap, Polk SDAs from 1988. 12Hz - 26kHz and 750W??? In perfect shape, sound great. They replaced my handmade ones... something like this spec today would sell for $20k.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
mister lunch wrote:
...friend's sweet set of speakers...

A couple years ago... my neighbor is moving out. He calls me.

neighbor: Hey, I got some speakers here, wondering if you'd want them. I know you like your audio.

me: Sure, I will take a look. (expecting some crap Sony, Panasonic, etc stored away in a basement all destroyed)

neighbor: I was given them by someone in a similar situation, moving, thought I would use them. They are just too big and took up too much space. They are in my attic, if you want them, you can have them.

I see them... holy crap, Polk SDAs from 1988. 12Hz - 26kHz and 750W??? In perfect shape, sound great. They replaced my handmade ones... something like this spec today would sell for $20k.

When it comes to equipment, I'm pretty ignorant, but my friend actually gets custom manufacturers to send him speakers to review so I go hang around his house.

We've had many a listening party testing the awesomeness of them all. These are set-ups that can cost maybe not 20K but several thousand, easily.

He also is big into making synths. He's designed a few panels, too, which he's managed to sell online in various synth forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask your friend if 12Hz - 26kHz at 750W is anything. I am pretty ignorant too, mostly because I do not have the disposable cash to spend on something similar. When I light these up it is pretty amazing. I am an audio geek but I do try to make the best of what is available... I was just telling a story... sweet sound.

Anyhow, thanks for the vid. I will find this at the record store and crank it appropriately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Ask your friend if 12Hz - 26kHz at 750W is anything. I am pretty ignorant too, mostly because I do not have the disposable cash to spend on something similar. When I light these up it is pretty amazing. I am an audio geek but I do try to make the best of what is available... I was just telling a story... sweet sound.

Anyhow, thanks for the vid. I will find this at the record store and crank it appropriately.

Your welcome.

As far as audio, I'm just grateful I have someone to experience loud music with is all. No pissing contest here. I should have left out that "but in the first sentence of my reply.

Glad you dug the video!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.