Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - According to 6.2.2 Special VOF, "Snipers hit one unit in the target hex wit a -3 VOF. Place the rest of the card under a Small Arms VOF."

This doesn't make sense. I have 5 units on a card under sniper fire. Through combat resolution, I have two casualties and 4 pinned units.

It seems to me that the sniper should target one unit at -3 and that's it. One shot and move on to the next turn where the sniper gets another shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns are of varying time frames - abstracted - so it does not just represent a shot or two but a period of time under a snipers deadly attention. It was not uncommon for a sniper or a group of snipers to hold up large numbers of troops and cause numerous casualties. In other words they are deadly and a major pain in the ass. Best bet - only bet - SPOT them so they leave or you are able to pin and kill them. I have a card right now in my Korean campaign were I am dealing with the same issue. Causing major head aches and has brought my left flank advance to stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blake is exactly right.

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. I'll tack it up to the frustration of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take note as well of the severe penalties suffered to your Command draws when your HQs are under Sniper VOF (-3 cards!). An S! VOF is a bad, bad thing...

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.