Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems that news of the Fox Mind reprint reaches me literally ONE DAY after my Japon Brand version ships from Japan.

*sigh*

Oh well. I'm also having four other games from Japan shipped as well (including String Railway: Transport). They'll still be special, right? RIGHT?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
rampantdragon wrote:
So it seems that news of the FoxMind reprint reaches me literally ONE DAY after my Japon Brand version ships from Japan.

It's not due to arrive until Q2/Q3 2012, so play the threads off your Japanese version before then to feel like you got the most out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:

It's not due to arrive until Q2/Q3 2012, so play the threads off your Japanese version before then to feel like you got the most out of the game.

Yeah, I saw the anticipated release date. Just blowing off a bit of frustration, that's all.

And then I thought I would pick up a copy of the FoxMind version as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, your Japanese game box is going to be a lot cuter than the new FoxMind box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
msaari wrote:
Also, your Japanese game box is going to be a lot cuter than the new FoxMind box.

what he said

i hate long boxes
wish i could get my hands on the smaller box / japan version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get my hand on the Japanese version of the game
Such a great idea and portable too. I hope they come out with more great games

Japan does seem to have a lot of cool games coming out. I find the Japanese games to be of very high quality and the gaming style is quite different. Everything's usually a lot more portable - which is a bonus Their game boxes are great! Usually a thicker cardboard stock with a glossy layer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryoko Hayashi
Japan
Yokohama
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rampantdragon wrote:
Oh well. I'm also having four other games from Japan shipped as well (including String Railway: Transport). They'll still be special, right? RIGHT?!?

The designer hasn't sold the right of String Railway: Transport yet.
It was 2010 that the designer sold the right of String Railway, so another version of String railway: Transport will not be put on the market at least two more years, I think.

Please enjoy and love Japanese version also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Fox Mind are publishing an English/American version of the game, but Asmodee are still going to publish a German/European version? Or was the Asmodee version cancelled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
davidmihola wrote:
So, Fox Mind are publishing an English/American version of the game, but Asmodee are still going to publish a German/European version? Or was the Asmodee version cancelled?

From a forthcoming post on BGG News, most likely going up Thursday, Feb. 2, is this item about String Railway from a longer write-up of FoxMind's 2012 releases:

Due out in Q2/Q3 2012 is
Quote:
String Railway, an English/French version of this Hisashi Hayashi design, which Japon Brand previously made famous at Spiel. Yes, Asmodee had previously been announced as the publisher of a forthcoming new edition, and FoxMind's Marie-Ève Lupien – man, could there be a better-sounding, more French name? – says that plan is still in place: "Asmodee is launching its own version in France this year, too. Production should be made at the same time." The FoxMind version also has rules in French to cover sales in Québec.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: Fox Mind English version (i.e. No No NO!!!!!)
PollutedMonkey wrote:
I don't see how your enjoyment of the games should depend on whether or not they are 'special' (hard to get?)

I don't totally get it either. I brought the same question up in a discussion about Kickstarter Promos, but I was the only one there with that opinion. People like having stuff that others can't have. It makes them feel superior I guess.

I this case however, I'm hoping that the OP was complaining more about the extra costs of having something imported, only to discover that it will be available domestically very soon. That's just a money-saving issue. That I can understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:

From a forthcoming post on BGG News, most likely going up Thursday, Feb. 2, is this item about String Railway from a longer write-up of FoxMind's 2012 releases ...

Thank you very much for your quick reply! So, with FoxMind for North America and Asmodee for France - does anyone know how probable it is that we will see a German version of the game, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
[q="PollutedMonkey"]

I this case however, I'm hoping that the OP was complaining more about the extra costs of having something imported, only to discover that it will be available domestically very soon. That's just a money-saving issue. That I can understand.

Yes, that was exactly it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:

Just arrived today. And the fates must have read your comment, because my box isn't cute. Well, the artwork is cute, but I don't have the small square box. It's now the same size as the SR: Transport box - which also arrived today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes. The second edition box is different. Well, at least it still has the cute artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My copy just arrived to from Japan (String Railway only, no Transport). It isn't the small original box, it is more a "professional" style box. Love the art style of this version vs what is shown in the Fox Mind image. Very excited to play soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gérard Kraus
Luxembourg
Kayl
Luxemburg
flag msg tools
Sci-Fan: Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Radio (Radio ARA)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fr.asmodee.com/ressources/articles/string-railway-des...

There is some info on the asmodee site now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.