Emmanouil Giampouras
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the situation:

On Mythos phase is the Rumor card from CotDP "Cursed Relics"

You put 5 Doom Tokens on the card and at the end of every Mythos phase discard one Unique or Exhibit Item or put the Doom Token on the Terror Track. If Fail, the terror level rises by number equal to Doom Tokens on Terror Track.

3 turns later on Mythos phase is the Enviroment "Happy days are here again" the terror level cannot be increase.
Happy days are still in play when the Cursed Relics fails.

So the obvious question is if the terror level will rises or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Restrictions take precedence. The Environment does not allow the Terror Level to rise, so it does not. (Love that card...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that every round you fail to discard an item, the act of moving the doom token to the terror track also increases the terror level by one. This means that if you didn't discard anything, you should expect the terror level to jump by 10.

Of course, so long as Happy Days is in play the entire time, the terror level won't go up at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Don't forget that every round you fail to discard an item, the act of moving the doom token to the terror track also increases the terror level by one. This means that if you didn't discard anything, you should expect the terror level to jump by 10.

Of course, so long as Happy Days is in play the entire time, the terror level won't go up at all!

I've never interpreted it that way. It doesn't say to increase the terror level, just put the doom token on the space. My understanding is that the terror level only increases according to the number of doom tokens on the track; so that if you start at one and all five doomers end up on the track when the rumour fails, it's at six.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, I'm most familiar with the original version:

Ongoing Effect: At the end of every Mythos Phase after the first, move 1 doom token from this card to the terror track and increase the terror level by 1. Any player may exhaust a ready Exhibit Item or discard a Unique Item to negate both effects.

Fail: If there are doom tokens on the terror track after the last doom token is removed from this card, discard this card and all doom tokens from the terror track. The terror level rises by a number equal to the number of doom tokens discarded.

Of course, the ongoing effect has a slight typo: "negate both effects" means the doom token is removed without effect, not placed back onto the rumor. This has not been fixed in the revised version.

I didn't check the revised version closely enough to see if the terror-up thing has been changed subtly, but going by the original version, each doom token increases the terror level twice: once immediately, and once when the rumor ends after five turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Giampouras
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:

I didn't check the revised version closely enough to see if the terror-up thing has been changed subtly, but going by the original version, each doom token increases the terror level twice: once immediately, and once when the rumor ends after five turns.

It's the same on the revised!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steward
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

The last game I played this card came up. We interpreted it the way Tbs describes. I think the terror level went from 1 to 9 from this rumor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.