Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Binney
United Kingdom
skipton
north yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey i haven't been using BGG that long and i've been wondering where you go to find out the release dates for games in UK. so far all i've found from game publishers websites is the release dates for US. i've contacted lots of games sites, GamesLore etc. about particular games i cant find and it's just because it's not released here yet yet has been out in US for a while. what do you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally don't know if a new game is out over here until it appears on the Esdevium release sheets... or sometimes even as late as it appearing in the e-newsletter(s) of my FFLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
I normally don't know if a new game is out over here until it appears on the Esdevium release sheets... or sometimes even as late as it appearing in the e-newsletter(s) of my FFLGS.

This. I usually find out from Esdevium newsletter, but you don't find out about every new release from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panterasam wrote:
hey i haven't been using BGG that long and i've been wondering where you go to find out the release dates for games in UK. so far all i've found from game publishers websites is the release dates for US. i've contacted lots of games sites, GamesLore etc. about particular games i cant find and it's just because it's not released here yet yet has been out in US for a while. what do you do?

I sell games for a living and its a question that I am often asked and wish I knew the answer to. The Esdevium release sheet (it appears about 4pm on a Friday with details of the following weeks releases) is a short range forecast. I imagine you want to know about games that are going are a little further out - the answer is that the only people who know with any degree of accuracy are the folks at Esdevium - they have, effectively, a monopoly on the distribution of hobby games in the UK. And they will provide estimates to shops for top titles (so, for example we know Nexus Ops is due in February) however for most games we don't know because there is no official UK release date. By rule of thumb you won't be too far wrong if you assume the following

Games from the big publishers (Fantasy Flight, Rio Grande, Z Man, Mayfair) will be out in the UK within (and sometimes simultaneously) 2 weeks of a the US release.

War games tend to arrive four weeks or so after the US release.

However, For Smaller publishers it becomes trickier - it can be simultaneous, it can be 3 months, 2 years or sometimes never. Obviously there are exceptions to all of these estimates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.