Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Kehrer
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
What happens if a ground unit uses normal ground movement to enter a hex that is an enemy controlled port that with only an enemy ship in it? Does this become a battle hex? One rule states that the player gains control of the hex immediately upon moving into it if there are no enemy ground or air units in the hex. This would make it seem to me that it is not a battle hex but then again another rule says that any hex containing both offensives and reaction player units must be declared a battle hex and emergency naval move does not occurs until the end of the offensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question:

Here are the relevant rules.

6.24 Any hex that contains Offensive and Reaction units (including HQs) must be declared a battle hex.

7.22 If, at the conclusion of an offensive or during the Political phase (through National Surrender), a player gains control of a hex which contains opposing naval units that were not active, the naval units may make an emergency naval move.

I can’t find this one, maybe somebody could point this one out to me:

Quote:
One rule states that the player gains control of the hex immediately upon moving into it if there are no enemy ground or air units in the hex

This is the closest I could find.

7.41 A ground unit must cease movement when it enters a hex containing opposing land or air units or an opposing HQ, but it is not inhibited by the presence of naval units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jk12559 wrote:
What happens if a ground unit uses normal ground movement to enter a hex that is an enemy controlled port that with only an enemy ship in it? Does this become a battle hex? One rule states that the player gains control of the hex immediately upon moving into it if there are no enemy ground or air units in the hex. This would make it seem to me that it is not a battle hex but then again another rule says that any hex containing both offensives and reaction player units must be declared a battle hex and emergency naval move does not occurs until the end of the offensive.

The simple answer is follow the sequence of play (6.2). The ground unit enters the port and it changes control. Since there is no air or land units, the moving ground unit, if it has remaining MA can move on. If it is still in the hex during the battle declaration step, then there it becomes a battle hex. If there is a battle and the ground unit has no air or naval support, the enemy unit in the port fires at the ground unit, apply results. At the conclusion of battles, if the naval unit is still alive it makes an Emergency Naval Move.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the ground unit presses onward then I guess there is no battle hex, at the end of the offensive since the naval unit was not active it must now execute an emergency naval move to a new friendly base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kehrer
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I can’t find this one, maybe somebody could point this one out to me:

Quote:
One rule states that the player gains control of the hex immediately upon moving into it if there are no enemy ground or air units in the hex

This is the closest I could find.

7.41 A ground unit must cease movement when it enters a hex containing opposing land or air units or an opposing HQ, but it is not inhibited by the presence of naval units.

This is actually 12.1: The last player to have a ground unit using normal movement to enter or pass through a hex controls the hex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OK so everyone is clear; how about the port with a ship and an air unit in it? A battle hex is created ? This is from an enemy ground unit moving directly (via ground movement). A reaction ground may asp (1) into battle and then acts as defender there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.