Popular Tags: [View All]
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
Feld is one of my favourite designer (I own Notre Dame, Trajan and Burgund). Luna intrigued me for the possibility to play solo so I'd like to hear your opinions. Is it good in solo mode? How does it compare with the other games? Worth to own? thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luna feels more like a puzzle than Burgundy or Trajan for example. There's no random element so it can lead to analysis paralysis with some players. It's a really good game nonetheless.

Given the puzzle-like feel of the game, the solo option is a very good way to improve your skills. Moreover, the variable setup for each game provides a new challenge each time. So I recommend it with no hesitation, if you can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Luna feels more like a puzzle than Burgundy or Trajan for example. There's no random element so it can lead to analysis paralysis with some players. It's a really good game nonetheless.

Given the puzzle-like feel of the game, the solo option is a very good way to improve your skills. Moreover, the variable setup for each game provides a new challenge each time. So I recommend it with no hesitation, if you can find it.

I haven't played the other titles, but I've played Luna a fair amount and agree with all of this. The solo mode has a few different difficulty levels, and provides a real challenge.

IF you can find it for a reasonable price, I'd definitely recommend it. If you're looking at an expensive second-hand copy due to it's OOP status, I'd wait for a reasonbly-priced copy to come long. It isn't a game you NEED to have without regard for price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Luna feels more like a puzzle than Burgundy

What?!

Burgundy IS a puzzle!!!

Hope you enjoy playing the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luna is quite different from Feld's other games, yet if you tend to like all Feld's games, you'll find that you like Luna! Also check out Macao (it's my 2nd favorite Feld's game after Burgundy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it´s a precious Stefan Feld game. All game-informations open for all players, so a newbie has no cards-knowledge disadvantge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my first Feld game (and won't be my last!) and we LOVE it. Most I've enjoyed a game in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Måns Bruun
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess you already have made up your mind to go for Luna or not but I can help throwing in my to cents just because I'm so fond of the game. I managed to get hold of one of the last copies in southern part of Sweden a couple of months ago.
Even tho my group thought it seemed rather dry when going through the rules they all loved it from game 1 and it keeps hitting our gaming table frequently. I cant see that it would suffer from replayabillity problems even in the future, maybe the set up will become a bit scripted since in my group several players seem to think same starting ilse is prefereable but even with that the game holds enough variation to last.

It is defenitely a Feld-game and even tho the mecanisms are not really like the other it holds the same kind of need for planning ahead and keeping track of what order you do stuff as in In the year of the dragon and Trajan or else you will get punnished...almost by the game itself if your ops dont take care of it.

So if you can get your hands on a copy do not hesitate, I would be surprised if you regrett it.

/ Måns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.