There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
If I block someone, I should be able to block the threads they post so that I never have to see the thread pop up into my subscription, ever.
Why? Why would I want this? Because of the uber spamming that may occur on occasion. I would like to block a new user and then not see their posts pop up.
I thought this was what happened already? I.e. blocks always override subscriptions? At least, it works that way when subscribing to a game and blocking one of it's subforums. Haven't tried users, but f it doen't work this way presumably it's a bug.
Edit: How are you blocking them? There are 3 ways.
1. Red X > Personal. Hides a single post by a user.
2. Drop-down in user's avatar block > Hide user's posts. This one will collapse all the user's posts in threads, but not stop them from appearing in subscriptions. It doesn't stop the user's threads appearing in front page modules. This is the one that puts users on your blocked users list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekblock/list.
3. Drop-down in user's avatar block > drop-down by subscribe > Block. This one should stop the user's threads appearing in your subscriptions, but doesn't collapse their posts in threads. It doesn't stop the user's threads appearing in front page modules. Users you have blocked this way show up in: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/manage/blocks/use...
So to hide a user as completely as you can, you need to use 1 and 2.
- Last edited Sat Feb 4, 2012 7:49 am (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Sat Feb 4, 2012 7:34 am