Popular Tags: [View All]
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
If I block someone, I should be able to block the threads they post so that I never have to see the thread pop up into my subscription, ever.

Why? Why would I want this? Because of the uber spamming that may occur on occasion. I would like to block a new user and then not see their posts pop up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was what happened already? I.e. blocks always override subscriptions? At least, it works that way when subscribing to a game and blocking one of it's subforums. Haven't tried users, but f it doen't work this way presumably it's a bug.

Edit: How are you blocking them? There are 3 ways.

1. Red X > Personal. Hides a single post by a user.

2. Drop-down in user's avatar block > Hide user's posts. This one will collapse all the user's posts in threads, but not stop them from appearing in subscriptions. It doesn't stop the user's threads appearing in front page modules. This is the one that puts users on your blocked users list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekblock/list.

3. Drop-down in user's avatar block > drop-down by subscribe > Block. This one should stop the user's threads appearing in your subscriptions, but doesn't collapse their posts in threads. It doesn't stop the user's threads appearing in front page modules. Users you have blocked this way show up in: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/manage/blocks/use...

So to hide a user as completely as you can, you need to use 1 and 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.