Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Squander your hard earned geekgold by betting on the Super Bowl rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/119865/super-bowl-xlvi...

That is all
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I squandered all my GG on microbadges.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you insist.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Currently have 26.1GG on bets in there. I might up the amount before the game, we'll see.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Bowl? What's that?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
Super Bowl? What's that?



You may know it as "The Big Game."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
Super Bowl? What's that?



you owe the NFL a dollar
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
riddlen wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
Super Bowl? What's that?



you owe the NFL a dollar

Seriously. I live in Indianapolis, and to my perspective it feels like the NFL is taking over the world.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to take classes in how to bet.

I couldn't even read a betting line until two days ago. Apparently the team with the negative sign after it is the one favored to win.



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
I guess I need to take classes in how to bet.

I couldn't even read a betting line until two days ago. Apparently the team with the negative sign after it is the one favored to win.





Yes, they give up that number of points from their score.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
frumpish wrote:
I guess I need to take classes in how to bet.

I couldn't even read a betting line until two days ago. Apparently the team with the negative sign after it is the one favored to win.





Yes, they give up that number of points from their score.


Awesome Andy thanks!
Hey since you speak betting, can you translate this into English for me?

Rules
If betting on a (+XXX) result, please make bets in 1gg increments. The amount you win is equal to Wager*XXX

If betting on a (-XXX) result, please bet in increments equal to the XXX number. For example, if betting on "Over -1.05" then please bet in increments of 1.05. The amount you win is equal to Wager/XXX



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:


I couldn't even read a betting line until two days ago. Apparently the team with the negative sign after it is the one favored to win.



Yes...that's how much you need to bet to get 1gg in return (in regards to the geeklist).

A positive number is how much you get in return for betting 1gg.

So the lower the number the more likely it is to happen and the less return on investment you get.

-MMM
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
frumpish wrote:
I guess I need to take classes in how to bet.

I couldn't even read a betting line until two days ago. Apparently the team with the negative sign after it is the one favored to win.





Yes, they give up that number of points from their score.


Awesome Andy thanks!
Hey since you speak betting, can you translate this into English for me?

Rules
If betting on a (+XXX) result, please make bets in 1gg increments. The amount you win is equal to Wager*XXX

If betting on a (-XXX) result, please bet in increments equal to the XXX number. For example, if betting on "Over -1.05" then please bet in increments of 1.05. The amount you win is equal to Wager/XXX





$3.15

I have no idea what this means.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What will Madonna use to start the Super Bowl Halftime show?
Octavian's interpretation is final.

Headset Microphone -3.00
Handheld Microphone +2.00


So with this one, Madonna usually uses a Headset so to win 1gg on that wager you need to bet 3gg.

On the other hand you get 2gg for every 1gg you bet on Handheld if that one is the winner.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining Matthew (and running this)!

I was thinking I would like to bet on the Super Bowl, because I don't see how the Patriots are going to win, but was still hesitant to use my real cash money. This is a fun way to bet on the game and all I risk are a few microbadges.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Quote:
What will Madonna use to start the Super Bowl Halftime show?
Octavian's interpretation is final.

Headset Microphone -3.00
Handheld Microphone +2.00


So with this one, Madonna usually uses a Headset so to win 1gg on that wager you need to bet 3gg.

On the other hand you get 2gg for every 1gg you bet on Handheld if that one is the winner.


Is it too late to throw Madonna off the island field? What a poor choice. However, since the Packers are not playing, I've declared this a sub-Super Bowl so won't be viewing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Celebrated my son's "Star Wars" birthday and was properly kilted!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun, but I only gamble with my life.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
Sounds like fun, but I only gamble with my life.


How much is that in GeekGold?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How much can I bid on Man U thrashing Chelsea?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
Super Bowl? What's that?



You may know it as "The Big Game."

The Big Game is Planet Steam. Ain't no game bigger than that. We had to build a shelf just to hold the damned thing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Orangemoose wrote:
since the Packers are not playing, I've declared this a sub-Super Bowl so won't be viewing.

The fans of 29 other teams are disappointed right now too. Sorry you have to join the rest of us hoi polloi.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
since the Packers are not playing, I've declared this a sub-Super Bowl so won't be viewing.

The fans of 29 other teams are disappointed right now too. Sorry you have to join the rest of us hoi polloi.


Actually I knew going in it was going to be a long season with little to look forward to. A rookie qb and shortened preseason so less chance than normal to acclimate to new team and NFL did not portend greatness.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Nuts. I lost 1.05 on my bets. Still, it was fun. I'm wishing I had put money down on the Giants' safety for the first score at +60...

Hopefully you run something like this again next year. It was fun!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.