Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Koziey
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My first play, turn 1. I have one tank unit on the beach. There are no infantry units or HQ units. According to 8.1 it can't attack! Aaaggh! Its not adjacent to a target hex either.

The last bullet in 8.1 states "at least one attacking if unit is in command of HQ/General". I assume that this applies to the case where the tank and inf fire as a group but the the inf unit is not adjacent to the tank?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks can bombard fortifications as long as they sit in a hex that is in the field of fire of the fortification they want to hit... don't have rules in front of me to tell you sections. Look up Bombardment. This is a vital step to suppress as much fire as possible coming down on the beach. As the infantry move off the beaches and attack the strong points other rules apply for tanks that attack in conjunction with them. Been awhile since I played though so again can't send you to specific rules sections. I am sure others will chime in with more specifics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of the tank as attacking but think of it more as, it is assisting a unit of infantry attacking an area that is trying to get into it and kill all the germans.

Basically the way it works is...

Your infantry is assaulting a WN. They need to get inside of it to clear it out. A general that is down on the beach commanding a unit of tanks see this and instructs the tanks to fire at the WN nest in order to distract the Germans inside. This combined attack will help the infantry to succede in getting inside and winning.

Keep playing, around turn 8 or so It will become more clear and less foggy. Around the 3rd play through it will be crystal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you'll be able to attack any of the WN positions with tanks or infantry until turn 3. Movement off the beach is very slow until those HQs, Generals and Heroes show up.

In my experience, in the first 6 turns you are doing your best to get into position for when those HQs arrive - get out of those intense fire spots, take out as much of the lower WNs as you can and find the best hexes to climb the bluffs. With so few movements allowed per turn, stacking key, even at the greater risk of attack. Tanks are good to draw fire because they are harder to hit.

Best of luck, soldier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaufmad wrote:
I don't think you'll be able to attack any of the WN positions with tanks or infantry until turn 3. Movement off the beach is very slow until those HQs, Generals and Heroes show up.

In my experience, in the first 6 turns you are doing your best to get into position for when those HQs arrive - get out of those intense fire spots, take out as much of the lower WNs as you can and find the best hexes to climb the bluffs. With so few movements allowed per turn, stacking key, even at the greater risk of attack. Tanks are good to draw fire because they are harder to hit.

Best of luck, soldier.

8.4 Conducting a Barrage
A tank unit may conduct an action to barrage a German-occupied hex, if the tank unit is in range of but not adjacent to the target hex, and either of the following are true:
The tank unit occupies a hex in the field of fire of the target hex.
etc etc....

In Easy Fox surely this means on turn one that a tank that drifted to FG3 then moved into hex 0510 could barrage WN 60 61 62 as they have field of fire in its hex.
I'm just learning so may be wrong.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.