Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the base game today, as well as Wrath of the Elements (I already had Dragonspire).

I unpacked both at the same time, pulled out the cards, and sorted them all at once, so I'm actually not even sure which box these cards came out of.

There are 50 of them, and the have the image of the card back, but on both sides. Admittedly, I haven't read the 2 new rulebooks all the way through, but the "contents" section of both manuals make no mention of these.

Can anyone shed some light on these?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
There are the original dividers, later replaced by the dividers in Wrath that has a different image per set, and the name of the card on its side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Dill
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those were the XP, before the XP became plastic! Oh yeah, Darquil is right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... forgot about those. That must be them. There are 50, and that's exactly what the contents says there should be. (and I don't see any other "legacy" dividers).

But there is no writing whatsoever on them. Just the exact image that matches all of the card backs, with the exact same image on the opposite side.

And the instructions claim they are "extra wide" dividers. Upon close inspection, the extra width was so slight, that I thought they were the same size as the rest of the cards. Now that I'm looking, they are wider... but no more than the thickness of the new XP tokens.

No wonder people prefer the Dragonspire dividers! Unless my old dividers are defective, which doesn't really matter, seeing as I have the new ones.

Thanks guys!

Edit: oh, when you said there was writing on the side, you were referring to the new ones only... so the old ones aren't supposed to have writing. Man, those old dividers suck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Man, those old dividers suck!

Yes... yes they did. I'm still hoping they eventually include some more blank dividers for those of us who play Epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Holmes108 wrote:
Man, those old dividers suck!

Yes... yes they did. I'm still hoping they eventually include some more blank dividers for those of us who play Epic.

I actually used the old dividers for my epic set. I fold them in half (crease down the center) so they rest partially on top of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Holmes108 wrote:
And the instructions claim they are "extra wide" dividers. Upon close inspection, the extra width was so slight, that I thought they were the same size as the rest of the cards. Now that I'm looking, they are wider... but no more than the thickness of the new XP tokens.

When I read that description upon first opening my box, I started rooting around for something that looked "extra wide", to no avail. Then I hired Antman and an electron microscope and found that the dividers are actually half a micron wider!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.