Luca Tolomelli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't Basestar Missiles and Raiders Attacks hit the Galactica on a low rolls, like that of the 4th option of the Basestar Bridge?

All the other rolls of the game have low resulst good for Cylons and high results good for Humans.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's so the humans can't play strategic planning to eliminate the chance of a hit, and it gives a hidden cylon another way to sabotage.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
I think it's so the humans can't play strategic planning to eliminate the chance of a hit, and it gives a hidden cylon another way to sabotage.
That'd be my call.... among our initial mistakes when first playing was misreading SP as "improve the die roll by 2" (so it'd be like Calculations, but +2/-2 instead). That, and we also thought basestar vs. Gal was 5 - 8 instead of 4-8, so go figure basestars were never that big a threat then.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What? You made rule mistakes on your first BSG play? How the hell did that happen?
12 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
What? You made rule mistakes on your first BSG play? How the hell did that happen?

I feel this statement should be amended to 'You made a rules mistake on your first play of a Fantasy Flight game?'
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j0frenzy wrote:
Flyboy Connor wrote:
What? You made rule mistakes on your first BSG play? How the hell did that happen?

I feel this statement should be amended to 'You made a rules mistake on your first play of a Fantasy Flight game?'


I'm sure there's a game somewhere out there where you neither get the rules wrong, nor need rulings for ambiguous situations. Let me know when you find it...

Though, yeah, FFG do seem to enjoy keeping things complex.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.