Subject: The experiment continues - turn 02 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
let's hope we'll get more and more guys interested.

Here is the situation at the end of the Movement phase of turn 01.
A neutral view ...

Here are the units I added for both sides.
Note the special options for the placement of new castles.
That's where I placed the new blocks.

Before we start the Movement phase of turn 02, I introduce two special cases of movement: Evasion and Interception.
Evasion is allowed for the inactive player whenever one or more enemy blocks enter a hex adjacent to a still uncommitted friendly block. Any number of those blocks may move away one hex then they become instantly committed.
Interception is allowed by A and B blocks of the inactive player whenever one or more enemy blocks enter an adjacent hex. Intercepting blocks must pass a die roll check in order to execute their special move. Interception always lead to instant battle (DURING the Movement phase). B blocks may attempt a maximum of 1 Interception per turn, A blocks may normally attempt this any number of time. Intercepting blocks might become committed.

Here are some examples.
The moment one or more Amazon blocks move adjacent, the Orc blocks may evade one hex as indicated. Note: castles may not evade, of course.
Blocks may move in stacks. This is not only important regarding evasion and interception but also for pinning the enemy.
Second example:
The Orc block may not evade as the enemy blocks are already adjacent to it.
Example for an Interception:
The moment one or more of the Orc blocks move adjacent, the Amazon blocks may attempt an interception. This would not work the other way around, as the Orc force does not have any A or B blocks (in the ongoing game).

So much for the theory. The Movement phase of turn 02 has started.
The orcs begin.

As you might sense already, the impulse system has added a new quality regarding the operations/movement of the units.

Good luck. My sharp-eyed archers will exploit any mistakes you're gonna do now.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any block may evade? As oppose to only As and Bs being allowed to intercept. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is correct.
The only exceptions are blocks with 0 MP (e.g. castles), and blocks already committed.
Remember, blocks are activated by hexes. If a block does not move away from an activated hex, it still counts as committed.
Committed blocks are simply toppled towards the owner's side.

Interception is a much more demanding military operation as it requires scouts, quick reaction and on the spot decisions to advance and attack.
Therefore, only A and B units have the potential for such flexible actions.
I understand each combat unit block as a "regiment" with all its inherent capabilities and limitations. This is also reflected in the combat/battle system. More about this later.

Keep asking!

And make your move!

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What happened?

The orcs lost their impetus?

huhuhuhu

U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gentlemen,

I have to accept the lack of interest and/or motivation from your side.

The workshop is closed as obviously desired.

U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Uwe, I think you are craving an attention most people here can´t give to you. You can post the rules and then answer the questions we´ll have, but I doubt you will have sucess at a play-by-forum tutorial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you.

I got the message.
For me a forum could serve to exchange ideas where all involved are active.
That was my perception.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be better off playing the game solo through the forums. You'll generate more interest that way. Invite dialogue, ask questions and strategy opinions, that sort of thing.

You have engage your audience before you put them in the hotseat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.