CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has been asking for Hornet Leader CAO for 2 years so I am finally giving in and getting one of DVG's "Leader" games for his upcoming birthday. I explained the options to him:

* Hornet Leader CAO
* Phantom Leader Deluxe
* Thunderbolt Apache Leader

I fully expected him to pick either Hornet Leader (he has down nothing but talk about flying tactical jets since his 5th birthday after we went down to Pensacola for 2 days to watch the Blue Angles practice) or Thunderbolt Apache Leader since he watches the video below non-stop on his I-Touch.

After much deliberation on his part and much to my surprise, he opted for Phantom Leader Deluxe. But, his selection was conditional -- only if I could assure him that his favorite pilot, triple ace Robin Olds, is included in the game. Dan -- are you listing? I need to know if Robin Olds is included as pilot in Phantom Leader Deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is done with call signs. No Robin Olds.

A quick google doesn't really reveal a particular call sign for Robin Olds. "Wolf One" may have been it. Clearly your son would know better than I! He should update the wikipedia page.

At the same time, whipping up a Robin Olds card for him would be pretty simple job, though from my glance at his wikipedia page his stats are going to be pretty astounding.

I'll volunteer to put the card together if that's not the kind of thing you like to do. Otherwise he will be very happy with any of the three games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
As a tribute to Robin Olds, we do have a USAF F-4 pilot named "Robin".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm happy to be wrong! Good job, DVG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
401k? More like .357
United States
Bodymore
Murderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
(he has down nothing but talk about flying tactical jets since his 5th birthday after we went down to Pensacola for 2 days to watch the Blue Angles practice)

That's how future pilots are made.

Boeing said this month 500,000 commercial pilots will be needed over the next 20 years. Hope your boy never loses the bug!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.