Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and ordered two squads last week, which I received yesterday (along with a 40$ customs bill, thanks Canadian government!). Quite happy to have a more diverse crew to work with, but I do have a question about the LMG packs:

In the German pack, I had one MG42 guy, Gefreiter Maier(349-069) (yes, same name as the Story Character!), and what look to be an assistant gunner/ammo carrier, Gefreiter Fruehauf(894-017) (the only indication of this would be his type, "Mauser Karabiner 98", when most of the other soldiers are "Mauser 98". Otherwise, I don't see anything on his cards to help the MG42).

In the American pack, it seems I have two machine gunners: Private Gunner(453-799) (yes, that IS his quite fitting name!), a Browning M1919 A4 character, as well as PFC Liddle(113-616), another Browning M1919 A4 character. Am I right to believe there was some confusion and I got two LMG characters instead of one and an ammo carrier?

Speaking of the Mauser 98, the two random German Soldiers I got in the Day of Days starter were "Mauser Gewehr 98" instead of "Mauser 98". Any functionnal difference?

Also, I was not careful when I stored the 2nd edition Story Character cards LBG sent me for Christmas, and am now unsure which cards are the real 2nd edition, and which are the old ones I can throw away. Is there any way to visually identify the 2nd edition cards?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, it is far better to write directly to the company about a shipping problem. 100 people reading you here can't help a bit, but wonder how common problems are. Write to the people who can do something about it. It does look like you got an error and they'll fix it.

As to MG Helpers, I know the US had cards printed first which actually make a reference (on the soldier card) to being an assistant. The Germans have a figure who is clearly carrying ammo but I don't know when they will start saying assistant. As I understand it, the diff is not what is part of their base cards but what will happen when the Tactics and Equipment cards are released. And I'm fuzzy what that is (Jeff is playing these cards close to the t-shirt) but believe the main parts will be that the gunner will shoot better if the assistant is very close. There may be something about the assistant being able to man the gun as well...that may vary with the men.

As for Mauser 98, Jeff is aware of minor differences in performance between the carbine and the full rifle, altho the diff is far less than one usually finds in those two terms. I don't think we currently have any difference in game terms.

As for your cards, heavens! Others who have them closer at hand may give you the card for card breakdown. Harrison costs a point more in 2nd
edition and the soldier cards have the weapon on them in 2nd. I'll ask
someone else to provide the Shoot, move, hide, look, breakdown.

Wait. I think there was post just as the new cards were being released...

No, can't find it. A long thread Before the "early Xmas" announcement. One guy is talking through a scenario and lists who he has and what they cost and someone else notices Harrison has different stats...I don't think they got into card breakdown after all, just diff in tha soldier card numbers. Anyone help here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely contact LBG. I know that if there is a mistake they will work to correct it. Basically all you need are two MG assistant gunners.

I have never seen a company more willing to help people if they have an issue. I am currently hoping to have an issue resolved from another company with a Christmas gift that I received. I basically have a nice heavy box for a paper weight until I hear from them because the parts to play the game weren't in the box (bought brand new).

The amount of support that Lost Battalion offers is unheard of anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jaels - please send a customer support email and preferably pictures of the cards so we can take care of you asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sent a message with the customer service section of LBG's website. There was unfortunately no way to attach a picture to the form, although I do have the picture if I can get a mail address.

I'm not worried about getting support from LBG. They, along with GMT, are the best two companies I heard about from a customer service point of view.

A question fit for this forum still remain: what is the difference between a "Mauser 98", a "Mauser Gewehr 98" and a "Mauser Karabiner 98" soldier? From Kevin's answer, I get that the last one is a carbine while the first is a rifle, but what about the Gewehr?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"gewehr" is the word "rifle" in German.

It makes sense for the MG assistant to have something smaller or lighter than a regular rifleman. If you had rec'd the US assistant instead of 2 MGs, you have found him armed with a carbine. Possibly might've been more accurate if an MG assistant was armed only with a pistol, but in game terms, that would be pretty awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.