Hide
4 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Variants

Subject: Fixing some imbalances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vam bob
msg tools
Contention: Bear Hug be exploited by having the Druid bear hug any multi-wound unit and then subsequently use his ranged attack to whittle it down from afar. This leads to very unfair boss fights.

Quick Fix:

Bear Hug's Immobile effect is broken the moment the druid leaves melee range, shapeshifts, or is killed.

Which makes sense, because

1) A bear cant hold onto you from miles away.

2) When a bear releases its grip on you, you are no longer entangled. (unless crippled)

3) Bear Hug can still be used according to its intended purpose (for the bear to tank by entrapping bosses in melee thereby leaving the bear the only target), but now it can no longer be used as a cheap way to end the game.

This still dosnt solve the problem of Immobile effects generated from loot though...

As other posters here have said, the Consul really needs some way to remove status effects.

Heres a house rule that might work: Any figure in the game may voluntarily take 1 wound to remedy any status effect, during the owning player's turn but only after the status effect has been applied (e.g. fire and poison effects will take place before you are able to sacrifice a wound to remedy it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaron Frost
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
What we did was allow the Dungeon Boss to recover a status effect when he rolls a potion, as if he had a potion ability. But hearts still don't count.

We also decided that immobilize only lasts for one turn before automatically disappearing, since that's really the only one that breaks the game for the consul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha Jo
Canada
flag msg tools
Fridgecrisis wrote:
What we did was allow the Dungeon Boss to recover a status effect when he rolls a potion, as if he had a potion ability. But hearts still don't count.

I just want to point out that the errata'd rules do state that when the Consul rolls a heart or potion for a mini-boss or boss, then they can remove one status effect per heart/potion. I tried it out with my play group, and we all feel that it balances things out nicely (although I'm still getting my butt kicked as the Consul...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Kelch
msg tools
mbmbmb
well, i think removing status-effects from themselves only is not enough. right now the hexcast sorceress just sets fragile and weak on the boss and he cant do anything. i thought about giving denizens something to differ from minions and so i would say whenever a denizen, mini-boss or boss rolls a heart or potion you can remove a status-effect from a mini-boss or boss.
i also tried to balance some items, because some treasure-cards are just too strong compared with others. these cards are:

Wyrm Scale (Should have a red dice instead of green and the action should cost 2 points)
Burning Horn (red dice instead of green)
Dragon Bow (again: red dice instead of green)

these changes should give the consul a chance to have minions in play without making the items useless for heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.