Subject: Storm's support ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does it mean that all villain cards with cost < 2 cannot be played or does it mean that they can be played but that they will cost 2, even if their normal cost is 0 or 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter (i.e. treat cost 0 or 1 as 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storm might be the best Support Hero in the game, at least in terms of contributing to troubleshooting. With her in tow, you can go for those Headlines where neither she nor the Ready Hero has the matching skill, so hit/boosts on the Trouble roll are rerolled, but with Storm bumping up cost to 2 per card, even something like 6 trouble, you'll at most see 2 Backup Effects. If you have Jean rolling as Ready Hero, the pair can just ravage Mastermind Headlines (especially Mystery ones since Magneto sucks at them and sucks in combat against Jean).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

A few other things about supporting that I would like to be sure of:

1) a support hero still on his card can take a support action

2) a support hero in a support area in Manhattan can take a support action as well (going back on his card in the process)

3) a support hero in Manhattan at the end of the turn will automatically move back to his card (as available), no chance to keep him there by paying his cost, should one want to

All statements correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all three are true.

On a related note to point 3, Support Hero bounces back to Recovery at the start of the next turn and adds one resource to you, so you effectively can get the same Support Hero out there for free (and needing two Support heroes seems redundant), while a Ready Hero stays on the board, doesn't add a resource and you have to pay to keep in Ready for the turn, can't get him as Support Hero. Since you can drag a Support Hero (on its Support area of the card) along with free Movement when moving a Ready Hero, you don't even lose an Action Round to prepare for the Troubleshooting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

On a related note to point 3, Support Hero bounces back to Recovery at the start of the next turn and adds one resource to you, so you effectively can get the same Support Hero out there for free (and needing two Support heroes seems redundant), while a Ready Hero stays on the board, doesn't add a resource and you have to pay to keep in Ready for the turn, can't get him as Support Hero. Since you can drag a Support Hero (on its Support area of the card) along with free Movement when moving a Ready Hero, you don't even lose an Action Round to prepare for the Troubleshooting.

Whereas I know that nobody really leaves ready heroes on the map (unless when running out of actions, that is) I just wanted to be sure support heroes cannot be left there, even on purpose.

In the remote chance I want to live a ready-support combo in a district (betting against all odds that a new headline will appear in the same area on the district) I cannot do that, then.

That means one action round wasted just to send the support hero back (altough at no net cost in PP, as you mention), either by himself or dragging along another - wasted - ready hero.

With ready-support combo left there (granted, paying the 1 extra PP to for him) I would be able to troubleshoot with the combo on action round 1 already.

It's a moot point, as mentioned at the beginning, anyway. Just wanting to be sure of the rule for the Vassal module I am writing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.