BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Infinite City at Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yogalegs Player
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Showing a good price £7.99 plus £5.13 p&p
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/159472122X/ref=olp_produc...

My first post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Williams
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stock available now, but i will not buy anything from Molibob toys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Williams
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of weeks ago i saw a copy of king of tokyo on amazon for £20, bargain so i ordered it and paid the £5 for postage. A couple of days later i get an email to say the order has been cancelled due to stock problems.

I knew it was a good deal, maybe too good.
Then a couple of days later its back but for a higher price.

I emailed Molibob and they didn't seem that bothered. So i suspect it was put on for the wrong price and instead of honouring it they pulled it and re posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shepherd
United Kingdom
Ovington
Northumberland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices on a lot of these things are being set by software, not humans. Most (serious) marketplace traders use software like monsoon - which monitors current prices on an hourly basis, and undercuts the current "best price" according to whatever rules you set.

Of course, some people goof up with the pricing rules, and/or don't have a clue what they're doing... so their prices end up being set way lower than they have any intention of selling. That's when they cancel the order.

Similarly, if you're of devious inclination, and know a particular vendor is using automated pricing on a given product, you can put fake listings into the marketplace yourself to undercut him and cause the price to drop. (Happens a lot in the book trade, apparently).

Needless to say, amazon takes a pretty dim view of both of these scenarios... but when you spot odd one-off price wonkiness in amazon, stuff like this is likely to blame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a great situation recently where two Amazon sellers were using algorithms to set prices, and they ended up bouncing off each other to create an ever-escalating price for an out-of-print book, asking for millions of dollars before someone noticed.

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
NOw back up on 34.96 GBP. Also it is now offered by a different trader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
I emailed Molibob and they didn't seem that bothered. So i suspect it was put on for the wrong price and instead of honouring it they pulled it and re posted.

I recently ordered 2 Expansions for Descent from them.

The postage was £2.95 and the price of the expansions about normal (considering it's all out of print in anticipation of the 2nd edition).

I received the 2nd expansion first, having ordered it 5 days after the original order.

Still waiting for the first expansion to arrive.

Both were dispatched, but by another company Booksets com Ltd. I'm not worried because Amazon is awesome when it comes to lost parcels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
NOw back up on 34.96 GBP. Also it is now offered by a different trader.

Games Lore (the 3rd Party seller on Amazon) is selling it for £25 on their website.

Delivery isn't free, but it won't be £10.

Always worth checking if an Amazon 3rd party seller has their own website; prices can vary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Vidal
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on this? mine has been shipped a long time ago but I am still waiting for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Montijo
flag msg tools
:-)))
badge
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my Infinite City (in shrink) and his expansion on BGG marketplace. It will cost arround £26 (with shipping costs included) to send it to England. If you are interested please go to Infinite City marketplace (so I can pay 3% to BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Vidal
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpudTrooper wrote:
vidalvic wrote:
Any news on this? mine has been shipped a long time ago but I am still waiting for it

Nope not received mine. Have you received yours yet?

Still not, and today it was the last on the estimated date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yogalegs Player
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It went past the last delivery date for me as well, after contacting them they are ordering more stock and will forward a copy ...we shall see

So strangely that is 4 of us all having our copies go missing in the post!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yogalegs wrote:

I'm not involved in this but I have to say that it clearly sounds like you guys aren't been told the truth about the matter. Hope you get what you wanted in the end!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Iveson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpudTrooper wrote:
Yogalegs wrote:
It went past the last delivery date for me as well, after contacting them they are ordering more stock and will forward a copy ...we shall see

Yep is very strange as my warhammer invasions from them has also gone walkabouts.

Mine to. How curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there/sould there be a warning list of companies who should perhaps not be our absolute favourites to deal with? Clearly Molibob are having a valiant go at making it to the top of that list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Iveson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpudTrooper wrote:
bazvinda wrote:
SpudTrooper wrote:
Yogalegs wrote:

Yep is very strange as my warhammer invasions from them has also gone walkabouts.

Mine to. How curious.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they never sent them. I had my Warhammer order cancelled 3-4 times before complaining to Amazon and then they miraculously shipped it. I suspect they didn't have stock and to save any issues with Amazon shipped phantom orders. I'm not holding my breath and think I will get a follow up email from them to say they can't source any replacements. Hope I'm wrong but we will see.

Well. I'm going to email them today. Normally I wouldn't be so suspicious but as there are a few of us having the same problem I think you may be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all this is a real scandal. I don't understand why Amazon don't take rigourous measure. That gives a very bad image of internet shopping.
I hate these guys.

good luck to you all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Vidal
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them and tehy said something about 14 working days and that I have to wait a bit more and check in the psot office...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you guys are still waiting for a Molibob toys order, then good luck.

I ordered 2 Descent expansions in January. The second turned up pretty quickly, but the first (ordered a few days before) has yet to materialize.

They asked me to wait a few days more, and I did, but I soon got a refund. Hopefully it still turns up (which I'll throw on the marketplace for cheap), but I've already bought a replacement.

So caveat emptor - If they have it in stock, they will get it to you, if not, they may still claim to have sent it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Vidal
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just recieved my copy, after a few mails they told me that I have to wait one week to get stock from their supplier.....
Good luck guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.