Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game yesterday and have been reading the rules. Not sure if my regular game group is quite right for it but I hope to get a group together soon. Unity Games would have been perfect, but I can't make it

Anyway, reading the rules makes me wonder how hard it is to keep track of which of your squads has done what. It pretty different that you don't have to complete a squad's turn before starting another one, if I'm reading the rules right. It looks to me that, basically, each squad can Move and do an Action, in either order. And, uniquely I think, can do one, let other squads do things, then come back and to the other. So Squad I could Move, Squad II could do an Action, Squad III could do an Action then Move, then Squad I could do its Action.

My concern is how hard is it to keep track of which squad has done what? I know there is a max of 6 squads for a Necromancer, but it still sounds like it can get confusing. Do you have a handy method for tracking who does what, or do you just try to remember?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jdarnold wrote:
I got the game yesterday and have been reading the rules. Not sure if my regular game group is quite right for it but I hope to get a group together soon. Unity Games would have been perfect, but I can't make it

Anyway, reading the rules makes me wonder how hard it is to keep track of which of your squads has done what. It pretty different that you don't have to complete a squad's turn before starting another one, if I'm reading the rules right. It looks to me that, basically, each squad can Move and do an Action, in either order. And, uniquely I think, can do one, let other squads do things, then come back and to the other. So Squad I could Move, Squad II could do an Action, Squad III could do an Action then Move, then Squad I could do its Action.

My concern is how hard is it to keep track of which squad has done what? I know there is a max of 6 squads for a Necromancer, but it still sounds like it can get confusing. Do you have a handy method for tracking who does what, or do you just try to remember?

In testing we never had a problem with remembering. We even tried to test pieces you could place on top of Squad when finished but it never seemed necessary in our tests. I don't think it's too crazy when playing. By the time you have six squads rolling you should be fairly used to following your squads' actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Light User
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I just 'tap' my control cards if I need a visual reminder of what squads are depleted or I consider finished. Generally, I'll do dig actions first to get them out of the way, or at least decide if they need to abort or need help and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.